G20 Summit

Mr. Gayle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U mean the protest right? which is scheduled for todaysummit doesnt start till 1st april when all leaders and bankers arrive in london and on the 2nd they have the meeting in Excel in the docklandsheres some additional info for those that interestedhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/mar/25/g20-q-ahttp://www.londonsummit.gov.uk/en/to me it sounds like one big gimmick

B.H.Obama is in East London for the G20 summit. Full storyhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/2...on-visit-uk-g20While reading the article, I came accross the following. f*ck*ng in hell man rolls DEEP.

The entourageApart from the 200 secret service personnel who will follow Obama on his European tour, the president's entourage will also include representatives of the White House Military Office, the White House Transportation Agency, the White House Medical Unit, the Marine Corps Helicopter Squadron, the State Department Presidential Travel Support Service, the US Information Agency, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service and the Customs Service.In addition, there will be staff from the White House kitchen ready to turn out a quick burger should the president suddenly feel peckish.Michelle Obama will have eight of her own staff, including a secretary, a press officer and bodyguards. And Obama's personal aide Reggie Love - called by the president "the kid brother I never had" - will be at hand to provide pens, Nicorette gum, throat lozenges, tea or even aspirins.The BeastWith its armour-plated body and doors, a raised roof, and reinforced steel and aluminium, The Beast will be Obama's official car. It boasts a titanium and ceramic superstructure and a sealed interior forming a "panic room" capable of shielding him from even a chemical weapons attack. Equipped with a night-vision camera and an armoured petrol tank filled with foam to prevent explosion should it suffer a direct hit, it also has pump-action shotguns, tear-gas cannon, oxygen tanks and bottles of the president's blood. Its tyres allow it to keep driving even if they have been punctured.Marine OneObama will be ferried from Stansted to the US ambassador's residence in Regent's Park, London, in a VH-3D helicopter. For security reasons, helicopters are now preferred to motorcades, which are also dearer and more difficult to organise. Much of the current fleet of 19 presidential helicopters was built in the 1970s and after 11 September 2001, when it was decided faster and safer helicopters were needed. But last month Obama said his current presidential helicopter was "perfectly adequate", a clear sign he is ready to cancel a multibillion-pound contract to replace it.Air Force OneUsing the most famous air traffic control call sign of any US aircraft, Air Force One, the president will arrive in his customised Boeing 747-200B series aircraft.Beyond its armoured glass in all windows, Obama will have dined in the presidential suite and could even have worked out in his personal gym and taken a shower.The aircraft has been designed with security as its priority and is equipped with armour-plated wings capable of withstanding a nuclear blast from the ground, flares to confuse enemy missiles and electric defence systems able to jam enemy radar. Mirror-ball technology in the wings is able to scramble infra-red guidance systems. More than 200 miles of wiring are specially shielded from electromagnetic interference caused by a nuclear attack.Should the president feel the need to retaliate offensively, Obama is able to launch a nuclear strike while flying. The aircraft, among the most photographed in the world, has 85 telephones, 19 televisions, computer suites and faxes to ensure Obama stays in touch with the outside world. At the rear of the aircraft is Obama's travelling press corps.Secret ServiceMore than 200 Secret Service staff will protect the president during the trip, instantly recognisable by their dark business suits, sunglasses and communication earpieces.John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and George W Bush were attacked while appearing in public. Kennedy was killed and Reagan seriously injured, while Bush survived when a hand grenade thrown towards his podium failed to detonate.Secret Service personnel have made three missions to the UK during which they have swept venues for bugging devices, tested food for contamination and measured air quality for bacteria. Obama was offered bodyguards over a year ago following concern that his African-American roots made him a target.

lol.I remember in 2003 George Bush came to London. I have never seen so many feds in my life. Him (or one of his colleagues) must have been staying near Clapham cos every day on my way to work I would see bare CID cars bussing red lights. I never clocked who they were until one time a couple of the cars were stuck in traffic and some Americans got out all laughing and joking with each other. They were strapped to the 9's.That same day I must have been up west and police had blocked off a road. I walked up to come hench man in a suit and dark glasses and said "hello, how can I get to the other side?"He didn't even look down at me and just stayed silent for about 3 seconds then said "f*ck OFF" in some thick American accent. The way his breath skimmed across my headtop was deep. Worse thing is, I couldn't even say anything back so I just turned and walked away.DISCLAIMER-: I dont get hotted by peers.

He didn't even look down at me and just stayed silent for about 3 seconds then said "f*ck OFF" in some thick American accent. The way his breath skimmed across my headtop was deep. Worse thing is, I couldn't even say anything back so I just turned and walked away.
should ave spat at him before u walked away.

He didn't even look down at me and just stayed silent for about 3 seconds then said "f*ck OFF" in some thick American accent. The way his breath skimmed across my headtop was deep. Worse thing is, I couldn't even say anything back so I just turned and walked away.
:lol: That would have been a dumb move & probably considered an agressive act against an American Federal Agent.

man did that to u in ur own country....ur house bladdidnt even cuss him bk. shet.

:lol: That would have been a dumb move & probably considered an agressive act against an American Federal Agent.
nah just say u sneezed, and forgot to cover ur mouth

LOL exactly.When it comes to UK police, I know where I stand. I'm not trying to be on the front cover of the Metro with my mum holding up a school photo of me"JUSTICE FOR MY SON"

nah just say u sneezed, and forgot to cover ur mouth
is that after he's had his jaw replaced

LOL exactly.When it comes to UK police, I know where I stand. I'm not trying to be on the front cover of the Metro with my mum holding up a school photo of me"JUSTICE FOR MY SON"
:rofl: