Thieving little bastards..

Eskay Jones

My bank just contacted me now asked if what country im currently in, then they tell me my card had just been used 3 times in 45mins with transactions from 60 pound to 4000 rinsed out in phillpines then bulgaria then britstol.now i dont have my card for the next 5-7 days and i needed money for tomorrow.Has this sh*t happened to anybody else? they said all my money is insured so i get it right back.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swear this happend to u before?? in some next threadnah hasnt happend to me, but how they get ur deets n sh*t
Twice this year so far. And yeah i have been buying stuff online ALOT this year. but after this i will never use my card online again.
i bought alot of stuff online one day earlier this year and my bank called me up right awayi should have said NO I DIDNT BUY ANYTHING and got my money back <_<

How does one insure against this, is it one of them card protection plans or do banks always give you your money back in situations such as this?

Thing is with my bank is that i used to do a lot of travelling abroad so i didnt want them to call every time i used it overseas but the fact it was used from one continent to another in such a short space of time was too suspicious. i never knew phillipines is so dodgy twice they tried to use my card. Last time i use any website online. Just too risky.

Guest Triple XXX
swear this happend to u before?? in some next threadnah hasnt happend to me, but how they get ur deets n sh*t
Twice this year so far. And yeah i have been buying stuff online ALOT this year. but after this i will never use my card online again.
i bought alot of stuff online one day earlier this year and my bank called me up right awayi should have said NO I DIDNT BUY ANYTHING and got my money back <_<
they investigate it

what website are you using?when u get to the payment page, check the bottom right hand corner. There should be a little padlock there which shows that the website is encrypted and securedif it isnt there, DONT ENTER YOUR DETAILSonly use trusted websites as well. but always look out for the padlock

This happened to the missus, fat cunts ordered £30 worth of curry every night for a fortnight.
didnt your girl clock on after 5 days that 150 was taken from her account?
nah, coz they send her a list of transactions, so she checked that.

I assume that your card was used physically I.E swiping in shops abroad??If so then it has nothing to do with 'online' shopping, the card number you entered online can't be used to make a physical card.. it don't work like thatand the padlock just means the page is 'secure' and it can be faked, don't mean thieves won't gain access your details.

similar thing has happened to mei logged into my online banking and saw over a 3 day period some company has charged me 14.99 seventeen times (£254)rang halifax, they said it looks like "card fraud" and have sent me some documents i need to fill out and return to them (they haven't arrived yet).if its me whos put my details on a dodgy website a few years ago and theyv kept them and charged me now then it surely is my fault and they wont give me the money back?i'm not expecting it back tbh, but this thread has made me think that perhaps they might give it me?

similar thing has happened to mei logged into my online banking and saw over a 3 day period some company has charged me 14.99 seventeen times (£254)rang halifax, they said it looks like "card fraud" and have sent me some documents i need to fill out and return to them (they haven't arrived yet).if its me whos put my details on a dodgy website a few years ago and theyv kept them and charged me now then it surely is my fault and they wont give me the money back?i'm not expecting it back tbh, but this thread has made me think that perhaps they might give it me?
It's still an unauthorised transaction and they have to refund it, and pretty sure your covered by the 'law'

Guest Triple XXX

lol @ being put off online shoppingi pretty must exclusively buy online and not ONCE have i been bittenill say the same thing i say to those dumb numbskulls that try tell me they get macs coz they dnt get viruses (if u understand hw the mac OS is built ull get this)theres one of 2 ways u can do this n i like to use the road and STD analogy (works for both online shoppin n macs)u can either stay indoors all ur life and never go out and say uve never been run over or instead of jus walkin blindly into the road u could look carefullysame with STD's u can stay ive never had an STD coz ive never had n never will have sex, or u choose ur partners carefully n use protection properlylol @ not shopping online, tbh id say its less riskier than on road with them random shops that"accidentally" drop then swipe ur card underneath, them dodgy petrol stations, them dodgy ATMs etcjus shop at the right place dnt jus google any site and type up ur detailsTHINK

Guest Triple XXX
It's still an unauthorised transaction and they have to refund it, and pretty sure your covered by the 'law'
credit cards fraund with a value of £100-30000debit cards are not, bt dependin on the bank and the transaction they may refund it