Sign in to follow this  
StreetDreams

CPU Usage

Recently (last 1-2 weeks) my computer usage (task manager) has been peaking above 90%, sometimes hitting 100% and this is with only a few active programs and firefox running... it used to run fine but now is slow/sluggish and takes a while when browsing in general...Is there anyway to reduce this? Done all the checks for spyware/viruses and can't find nothing?Maybe a disc defragment?

I have a similar problem, my cpu is always touching between 90-100%. Also boosted my ram from 512mb to 2gb and when I go to running processes every thing is using like 10 times as much ram as before.

^If on Vista that's perfectly normal, if XP, that's f*cked up.Do a scan with Malware Bytes & your antivirus (I recommend Kaspersky)MSCONFIG is fine, as long as you don't touch the boot.ini file.

Happens to mine as well, sometimes dust build up inside can be making it run at them percentages. I got mine cleaned out the other day but its still running quite high more time. The geezer goes its gonna be time to put a new cpu in coz its been about 4 years since I got this one now.

yeer i had this at one time U HAVE A VIRUS!u need to fix it soon before ur cpu over heats i just rebooted my computer (i know everny1 hates to hear this)

my cpu usage is like 18-21 % but my lappy still overheats when on a surface in use.what can I do?

It's not your RAMYou CPU is you processorWhat processor do you have?I get this when I watch Blu-Ray's

With 3GB ram and the lappy only being a few months old, this sh*t shouldn't be happeningf*ck it though, I will try adding another 1GB memory and see if that helps..
sounds weired. brand new laptop with 3gb ram...do you play games or do you have A LOT of tabs opened? even if u had A LOT of tabs opened, you should not be peaking such CPU Usage...we need more info...print screen inna'dis

What programs is task manager showing is using up most CPU ?@ ImHim, multiple tabs should just use up memory not CPU