Madonna

Snoop

The pop star was told in Malawi today, she'll have to wait a week to learn if she'll get permission to adopt a 4-year-old girl.Madonna is receiving criticism from a well-known charity, which says the world's children can't all be saved by moving them to Madonna's house.Save the Children is urging Madonna to reconsider her adoption plans. Sarah Jacobs, the charity's spokesperson for Africa says, "we believe very strongly that children are much better looked after, even if they've lost their parents, within their home communities."A welfare official and another person involved in the case said Madonna hopes to adopt a child whose mother died soon after her birth. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.The one adoption case on Monday's court docket listed only the child's name, Chifundo James, which means "Mercy" in the local language.Court official Thomson Ligowe confirmed that Madonna's adoption application has been adjourned by the court until the end of the week.The 50-year-old appeared in court Monday and left about an hour later. It was not immediately known whether any of the girl's relatives were present.Children's advocacy groups have accused her of wielding her immense wealth and influence to circumvent Malawian law requiring an 18- to 24-month assessment period before adoption.According to an official in Malawi, connection to family is a key test for measuring Madonna's fitness to adopt a child from the country. The argument has been made that celebrity, fortune, and connection to power have helped the singer skirt the rules, reports Roth.With her divorce from moviemaker, Guy Ritchie, Madonna's family situation has changed since she adopted David, a Malawian child last year.If the controversy is an issue for her, she's not conceding it, at least not publicly. To a reporter asking if she understood public reservations about going back to Malawi to adopt again, Madonna answered simply, "no."Madonna first travelled to Malawi in 2006 while doing charity work and filming a documentary on the devastating poverty and AIDS crisis there. Her Raising Malawi organization, founded in 2006, raises funds to fight poverty by providing food, shelter, education and health care for children here.The U.N. estimates that half of the 1 million Malawian children with one or no parents was orphaned by AIDS, and that the virus that causes AIDS has infected 14 percent of adults here.
f*ck this white freemason witch... i don't care how much money she has.. she has no right to adopt a black baby... let the baby be with it's ppl... hate when celebs do this.. some f*ck*ng PR stunt..

Guest Wu-Tang

The kid is having a lucky break because they are beign adopted by a millionaire (though i gaurantee they will be a drug-addict by 20, or have severe mental health problems) but instead of using her money to make little improvements to Malawi itself, she is using it to try and bribe her concience, disgusting. It will do nothing for the overall situation, and nothing for any of the kids in Malawi.Stupid, vile, attention-whore, regular-whore, and general c*nt.+Allow trying to take the moral high-ground yet resorting to racism :/

Guest WAVESURFER
f*ck this white freemason witch... i don't care how much money she has.. she has no right to adopt a black baby... let the baby be with it's ppl... hate when celebs do this.. some f*ck*ng PR stunt..
:lol:

This sort of thing gets me emotional though seriouslyIt resembles slavery man, you know when the rich white folk used to choose what slave to buy at the slavery exhibitions.. it's like that man..trying to turn an African baby into some house nigger.. itpisses me off.... if she goes through with this she might as well slap every black person on the face tbh.. why not go Essex or Liverpool and adopt a white baby from there?.. she's a f*ck*ng an unfit woman to mother a black baby.. the woman drinks her own f*ck*ng piss at those free masons rituals f*ck*ng evil, frail witch...

Guest Wu-Tang
So how do you feel about Angelina Jolie adopting? Whom has adopted from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam.Note: I do not like Madonna at all, but do like Angelina.
f*ck her too

nope true stories but i was born and raised in western society so im familiar with the evils of its consumptive waysthese are the formative years 4 the litle girl, along with the whole situation being so 'high profile', she'l probably experiance some sense of dispossession

• 2 months later...
The kid is having a lucky break because they are beign adopted by a millionaire (though i gaurantee they will be a drug-addict by 20, or have severe mental health problems) but instead of using her money to make little improvements to Malawi itself, she is using it to try and bribe her concience, disgusting. It will do nothing for the overall situation, and nothing for any of the kids in Malawi.Stupid, vile, attention-whore, regular-whore, and general c*nt.+Allow trying to take the moral high-ground yet resorting to racism :/
swear shes being doing charity work in malawi for a while

MADONNA cannot save malawi. but she can save one child at a time. allow her. what if that guy who lives a privileged lifegrows up and becomes the president of malawi and takes the country to greater heights? the bitch would be long gone but her legacy would live on