Sign in to follow this  
Barney Stinson

What is the drink driving limit(in units)?

I know I know, you shouldnt drink at all if you plan on driving, But this guy here is trying to tell me its 3 units(he has also showed me a site saying this but I dont really trust it) . Someone settle this cos no way are the feds saying you(the average male) can have a shot of vodka and and a carlsberg then drive. Am I right in thinking its around one unit?

Guest LucaPiano

It's been proved that everyone is different so you just going to have to drink and find your own limit and hope if you get caught you're going to be safe.

Y even let that little drink pass ur mout, cos its not gonna drunk you in anyway or fashion so just drink juice.

My personal rule for me is1 bottle / pint or 1 single+mixer ( i keep it to a jd/brandy/vodka) forget rumdon't f*ck with anything past that limit...but more time you might aswell just keep it to soft drinks when your behind the wheel

In units its different for peoplebut they measure it by how much micrograms of alcohol per 100 millimetres of breaththe limit is 35mg

i actually dont see the point in drinking if your driving ,what is the point may aswell stick to water

I didnt ask so I can drink and drive. I asked to settle an argument.

Source?
My personal rule for me is1 bottle / pint or 1 single+mixer ( i keep it to a jd/brandy/vodka) forget rumdon't f*ck with anything past that limit...but more time you might aswell just keep it to soft drinks when your behind the wheel
You ever been brethalysed?

Guest \o/

Don't know about units as that could vary depending on the person. How much you have eaten and so many other factors.But the official sh*t which is what the police will be checking will be..

• 80 milligrammes (mg) of alcohol per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood (80mg/100ml), or
  • 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath, or
  • 107mg of alcohol per 100ml of urine