Cosmetic Dentistry

Eskay Jones

what do you mean by thisthat it is irreputable (sp) ?
What are these words?Speech the dentist to drop his prices, its a recession, say your fill out a NHS form for the labour, BUT NOT the materials, no NHS materials should ever go in your mouth.
of ill repute aka bad reputationthought you were tryna say dont go hollywoodwhatever cause its got a bad rep / £99 is not high enough for good service

need a procedure on my feet in may cos there is some ever widning gap between my lower set and my upper set of teeth for some reasonhaving to move my upper jaw down a notch which means my face might change according to the dentistlmfaoi would rather have some oblong jaw than f*ck my face upcrazy people
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: im bare immature

I need my teeth whitened, well one especially (the others aren't that bad) - the nerve in one of my front teeth died back in year 4 when I split it open, now it's a darker shade than the rest of all the teeth, and whitening toothpaste doesn't work on it (works a bit on the others)

Its not about not having good teeth but its also not about getting it done cheap, you will end up with mad sensitive teeth and cry like a bitch. If your gonna do it you have to spend big time money. But yea its true english have bad teeth, its all because its left too late for kids to be offered braces and the majority dont want them because its not cool when your 13-16.

Gonna get teeth whitened.Bout a hundred quid.... from what I heard, well worth it.

• 1 year later...

when are the olden days?

/

source?

or is this another one of those things ur mum told u?

up to the 1940s

yh my mum told me, but it is true

i found this:

Kirsty Williams from BBC Radio Scotland . Posted 24 Oct 2003.

It may sound gruesome but as late as the 1940's, people were having all their teeth pulled out as a birthday or wedding present. In the days before the NHS, no teeth = no expensive dental bills. A nice uncomplicated set of dentures could be an attractive prospect.

We're trying to track down anyone (probably 70 year olds +) who had all their teeth taken out in their early adulthood and who'd be prepared to talk to us for Radio Scotland's history magazine programme, Past Lives. We want to hear how a new set of dentures at 21 could have been the answer to someone's prayers…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/history/scotlandonfilm/forum/health/thread10.shtml

and this

Such was the shocking state of people’s teeth in Georgian times that it was not uncommon for a bride-to-be to have her teeth removed as a pre-wedding present. To have them all ripped out was seen as far preferable to enduring the pain and ugly appearance of a mouth full of decaying teeth.

You might think this is a horror story from the past, but according to Angus Walls, a dental professor at the University of Newcastle, in 1998 only 20 per cent of people over the age of 85 still had their natural teeth. That’s roughly the same number as 30 years earlier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1123103/Jane-Clarke-Brush-teeth-youll-scurvy.html#ixzz19JQ24gdE