Does your relationship with your parents reflect on how you treat women

Heero Yuy

Been thinking about this alot lately, even discussed it with a few of my people. I was never really close with my pops and was mainly raised by the women in my family and i think it has reflected on how i treat women. I always have the sense of thinking what would my mom think, plus i think i was raised by a women so I can't really treat them like sh*t as its almost pure disrespect to the ones that raised me. The way i can't really go out and bang bare girl its just not me althoguh the oppourtunites are plentyful... One of my cloest boys who lost his father young is sorta in the same boat, although were toally different we s have the same values towards women, like in honesty, over kindness which is often my downfall with women.... Most of the man i know who were raised the opposite way to me are guys who are abit more wayward with women and just treat them differently, abit more ruthless etc (not trying to critcise, just the best way i can sum it up)Obviously everyone IS different but just seeing everyones opinion, on this and yourself

The mother, as the sole parent has had unrelenting influence in what is probably going to be a feminine way. With no father to provide the traits you'd expect in a man around, it's bound to have some sort of influence on your personality.Or I could just be chatting fraff.

Essay, be warnedI wouldn't say it defines who u r but it will obviously influence u to a degree whether good or bad..I lived wit my dad from bout 12 but have always been closer to my mom and anytime there was an emotional problem its her i would run to, and as such i used to hold women in very high regard cos thats what i was been taught.. My big heart, honesty and over kindness used to be my downfall too just like u lew..Now i've had quite a few experiences with women, i've realised not all of them have good hearts and deserve to be treated like queens like my mom led me to believe (tho i dont blame her cos she taught me what she honestly believed to be right).. Sometimes i wonder if i woulda been better off been basically an emotional shut out like my dad, but then i think if i was that way what example would that be for my brother or for when i have kids of my own.. Cos i couldn't turn to my dad with certain things i ended up basically walking into life unequipt and learned every lesson so far the hard way which has in many ways been soul destroying.. Even as a kid i had a big heart but my mom/ igrandparents and 4 aunts taught me empathy which i cant switch off, which is how i always get drawn in and ultimately end up gettin hurt by these bitches.. lately i'm trying the heartless ting which has been successful in many ways but u cant shake certain things taught as a child.. But this may be a dance i'm doomed to do forever cos the world aint built for kind heart ppl but i cant shake it off as yet, fingers crossed i will in time tho..Paradox is probly the best name for me tbh, pure contradictions and inconsistency :D

The saying goes'If you want to see how a man will treat his future partner, look at the way he treats his mum'Think this has some relevance still.
Yeah but I hate my mother. Why would I treat my future partner like that? I'm guessing this is one of them 'Works for everybody but you' sayings.

The saying goes'If you want to see how a man will treat his future partner, look at the way he treats his mum'Think this has some relevance still.
Yeah but I hate my mother. Why would I treat my future partner like that? I'm guessing this is one of them 'Works for everybody but you' sayings.
tbh yeah i get you hereinfact i know a great few people who are COMPLETELY mistreated by their mothers and it dont make them hate women or treat them bad but its been a mix between them being guys that say they dont like black women and prefer light skin women etc or them being guys that get boyed by their partner.

Essay, be warnedI wouldn't say it defines who u r but it will obviously influence u to a degree whether good or bad..I lived wit my dad from bout 12 but have always been closer to my mom and anytime there was an emotional problem its her i would run to, and as such i used to hold women in very high regard cos thats what i was been taught.. My big heart, honesty and over kindness used to be my downfall too just like u lew..Now i've had quite a few experiences with women, i've realised not all of them have good hearts and deserve to be treated like queens like my mom led me to believe (tho i dont blame her cos she taught me what she honestly believed to be right).. Sometimes i wonder if i woulda been better off been basically an emotional shut out like my dad, but then i think if i was that way what example would that be for my brother or for when i have kids of my own.. Cos i couldn't turn to my dad with certain things i ended up basically walking into life unequipt and learned every lesson so far the hard way which has in many ways been soul destroying.. Even as a kid i had a big heart but my mom/ igrandparents and 4 aunts taught me empathy which i cant switch off, which is how i always get drawn in and ultimately end up gettin hurt by these bitches.. lately i'm trying the heartless ting which has been successful in many ways but u cant shake certain things taught as a child.. But this may be a dance i'm doomed to do forever cos the world aint built for kind heart ppl but i cant shake it off as yet, fingers crossed i will in time tho..Paradox is probly the best name for me tbh, pure contradictions and inconsistency :D
I know exactly what your saying here dox, I know if there more prodominat male role models in my life at a younger age, some of the pitfalls i've fell into with woman would have been avoided or atleast more expected than they were. Instead you keep walking into walls and learning the hard way, but this is life afterall, gotta take the bad expierences wih the good ones Its hard to try and change who you are, you try and go against your grain, act abit more heartless or abit more forward thinking but you ultimately find yourself falling back in old habits. Infact you aren't really falling back into old habits your just being who you actually are deep down..Zamorak makes a good point on that cliche though, my bredrin really don't see eye to eye with his mom yet hes sucked off with one girl for the past 2/3 years treats her nice, but he was abit wild in his younger days But even saying that the relationship that your parents has/had expands on the orignal question, opening up does or did that affect the way you treat / perceiev women..but i think the relationship my mom had were her ex was the foundation for never being in a relationship that your not happy in etc if you have to keep working at it theres no point.....

well this is one of the good things about feminism in todays worldcos women are now being compared to men in the same effort for equality men are also saying that if their mothers are going on a way or was so therefore MORE women are gettin exposed.tbh these days i see a lot of bad parenting in MANY women i see today and its no longer taboo to say so especially IF your a good dad your self.thats the price of equality women ya getting judged on EVERYTHING. so buckle up the ride is gonna be bumpy.

it depends on the reasons you hate your mother. that 'view a man by how he treats his mom' statement is not set in stone, but is a very good yardstick. and even if the man doesn't treat his wife how he treats his mom, the partner he seeks to be with long-term will directly be as a result of his relationship with his mother. how i see my fiance is as a result of my association with my mother. do they share similar values about life, family, success, failure, men?can she bring up a family in a way my mother did, or better? but definitely not worse. etc

If a man is raised by women only, he has female characteristics, he thinks like a woman. But that doesn't mean he's weak, he's just soft and sensitive but also hard.My family was OK up until about 10 years ago when my dad began being abusive towards my mother physically and emotionally. So from a young age I was raised by my 2 sisters and my mother and my brother up until he died. My mentality and outlook on women and relationships is mainly from a female perspective which can be attractive to some women but pathetic to women who had solid male role models in the family unit. So in essence I thank my female family for raising me but also I curse my Dad for not opening the door for me early to deal with females, at least I learned a considerable amount from my late brother but it wasn't sufficient enough to equip me for the utter confusions, double standards, complexes that women come with so just like Paradox I learned and am still learning the hard way. "Because I was raised by a woman half my life, then thrown out onto the streets, its like I've got the woman's side, then I've got the real rough, manly values that were forced onto me."-Tupac Shakur

To be real i see what people are sayin about bein shown how this works from a male perspective but to be honest even if you are given certain teachings from a farther figure you still aint gonna completley take the advice for gospel. When you first feel or at least think you feel "Love" no matter what people are tellin you, you aint listenin. Logic is completly thrown out the window. All the advice in the world probably wont prepare you for it properly. You have to learn from your own mistakes to truly grow because when your listening to other peoples you believe that somehow your way is gonna go different to how theirs did. So untill you actually feel what its like to suffer from a mistake you made you cant ever truly understand why you should never repeat that mistake again. Real Talk