Rhodes Across The Caribbean - UKFood channel. Mon, 9pm

2deal2

Rhodes Across The Caribbean - UKFood channel. Mon, 9pm UKTV-Food-Rhodes-across-the-Caribbean-Gary-Rhodes-Wk-15-Apr09-5.jpgSource: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-...and-feast.html# and http://tv.sky.com/review-rhodes-across-the-caribbeanGary Rhodes is off to the Caribbean to sample the best food the islands have to offer and soak up some local colour.What a job.Gary’s step-father, John, is Jamaican so the chef has been familiar with the taste of tropical cooking since he was eight. Naturally, he’s brought John with him to the island of his birth, ostensibly so they can meet up with family, but really to see how John’s home cooking compares with that on the island. And he does pretty well. Gary hooks up with a celebrated local chef on each of the islands he visits and gets them to demonstrate cooking a regional dish, which he then takes great delight in sampling. Maybe it’s something to do with cooking in the sunshine but it all looks delicious, from rice and peas to salt fish with ackee and brown chicken, which isn’t as simple as it sounds.If your mouth is watering, fear not, Gary plans to bring the taste of the Caribbean home with him.He told us: “I definitely want to try and introduce some of these dishes into the brassieres I own. I want to make sure I can utilise these flavours there."If I could open a chain of Caribbean restaurants I would do it tomorrow and I’d be a very happy man to show off what the West Indies is all about.”Until then, we’ll have to try and recreate the recipes at home. The weather is just coming right for it. Bring on the sunshine.article-1165600-04121262000005DC-399_233x423.jpgWhy can't a black guy have his own Caribbean cooking show?Bastard.

Nah man , forget that one. I would only agree with you if there werent black chefs on tv at all. We've got Ainsley repping. I think its apositive thing , by having a white chef it is more likely that other whites wil embrace it more...meaning that they buy more food from our restaurants & at carnival.