FAO: Black people

Da Luv Doc

What is you knowledge of black history???All that I ever hear about is slavery (which makes us look weak), but I never hear about how the religions of this world were made possible if it wasn't for the africans coming to the aid of certain people by stopping Syrian invaders.Does anyone know more info about this/could send me a link about this???

So JLovely, you have never heard of this, thus told me to look in the library???I want a discussion on this matter. JLovey, my knowledge is really strong on the matter, but I want it to be. In your opinion, do you think certain cultures discredited black people??? As in, they changed history to make them look better than black and for black to be sub them, thus making certain things being stated to being the norm, when it may well not be???

What is you knowledge of black history???All that I ever hear about is slavery (which makes us look weak), but I never hear about how the religions of this world were made possible if it wasn't for the africans coming to the aid of certain people by stopping Syrian invaders.Does anyone know more info about this/could send me a link about this???
you what? go into further detail, sounds interesting.. who was syrians invading? what africans stopped them and why? when did all this happen? what affect did it have on religions? what religions?

Basically, from what I understand, the syrians were on invading all of the holy land (Judaism were there, but the syrians were on this ting, wipeout like a 50 foot wave coming for a surfer dude) and the europeans were also shook, so they asked certain african leaders to help them, though the africans were the ones to defeat the syrians and thus, the region was bless to do what they like.That is a brief summary, I don't know the ins and outs and would like to know more tbh.

i recently purchased a translation of the kebra negast, the forward was buy ziggy marley and the rest was written by some next guythe chapters are interspersed with this mans anecdotes about meeting rastas in Jamaicadid not feel the book the way i thought i would feel itbumped into this yout i know a while after, and he was with his mum who i had never metstood up and had a long conversation with her about Pan-Africanism, the farce that it is in this country amongst other things, she told me i should read the kebra negast and i said i had read it not long ago, but did not take to the version that i had she knew the xact one i had read and suggested that I go to weatherman's shop in Brixton where i can find 2 versions of this scripture, male and femaleon further research i discovered yet another translation by a man by the name E. A. Wallis Budge, i think, he studied ancient syrian culture, amaric and all them kinda languages circa early 1900sI recommend you google this man budge, def on wikipedia, his translation is called the Kebra Nagasthe did loads of research on early north African culture, and the wikipedia page is worth reading for a positive starti usually despise black people that bang on about egypt cos all they ever talk about is 'we were all kings and queens' no we wernt, its so foolish but reading about this mans work, and the other books that he wrote you can gain a rounded positive understanding of a part of the history of the black race

i think king and queen talk mainly derives from an era when scholars attempted to counter the scars of colonisation and the deep rooted inferiority complexes it had left behind, with the knowledge that despite the notion of some random 'savage' culture, africa had strong rep for its well established and developed institutions, monarchies, and systems of governanceLife was not all deer hunting with bamboo

• Upvote 2

yh i get that Kuritho i feel like people who only talk about egypt like that are just simple because they have reached a point in their so called research that they are happy with and will not move forward and then they act like they know all there is to know about black historywhat was gwaanin with sub-saharan Africa, no one seems to care

It was lots of Africans, north and sub saharan I am talking about. The man to lead the army was dark skinned.I need to research about this tbh.ps, allow bring up slavery and colonial times, that's just the history certain people only wanna spill, so not in this topic please???Safe!!!

u might also wanna look at the Moors (sp)the patron saint of Germany is actually black, a moorthey were admired for being great warriorsmy knowledge is a mile wide and an inch thicka black man invented the tripple heart bypass - mos def stars in the film about his life - have not seen this

the black mans burden, davidson bRefers to a lot of countries by their pre colonial nameLike tanganyika - tanzaniaTalks about a lot of traditional trade routes, and draws on the parellels between the continent and its japanese and european counterparts in many framesThere is too much room for error in hindesight tho, be weary of propganda, whatever u researchTt

u might also wanna look at the Moors (sp)the patron saint of Germany is actually black, a moorthey were admired for being great warriorsmy knowledge is a mile wide and an inch thicka black man invented the tripple heart bypass - mos def stars in the film about his life - have not seen this
Moors were arabs and black arabs.They were from north africa and also incorporated the berbans (sp).They invaded nearly all of spain, bottom half of france, Bottom of italy.

Basically, from what I understand, the syrians were on invading all of the holy land (Judaism were there, but the syrians were on this ting, wipeout like a 50 foot wave coming for a surfer dude) and the europeans were also shook, so they asked certain african leaders to help them, though the africans were the ones to defeat the syrians and thus, the region was bless to do what they like.That is a brief summary, I don't know the ins and outs and would like to know more tbh.
i dunno mate, just looking at a map makes me doubt the story... syria is right next to jersualem, but for people in israel to get help from african nations would be hassle, cos i dunno what time period this was but i'm assuming the egyptians wouldnt be on the side of jersualem/europeans cos egypt was/is a muslim country and saladin had that place on lock too and you have to go through egypt to get to the rest of africa..
u might also wanna look at the Moors (sp)
The Moors weren't black though, they was from north africa, they were arabs... the word moor comes from the portugues mouro which means brown.. if they were black they would have been called "preto" I like reading bout african history but it's hard to find good books.. they either are overly pro-black or overly-ignorant, hard to find a book that just states facts without opinion

Nah, it is legit, though I can't remember the time period.Yeah, the moors were of different mixes (berbans, arabs and black arabs).Though Duzza, in greek times, moors meant black.
oh yeah? i can't speak for any other country, and i have no love for greeks since euro 2004 lol, but i know in portuguese and prob spanish moor/mouro meant brown.. i'm still not sure about your story though, need more information lol cos if its during europeans settlement off Jersualem then you would expect there to be at least some information on it.. Dunno how they coulda marched an african army through egypt to help them either..Plus Europeans took Jersulaem in the 10th or 11th century but Europeans didn't even properly start to explore sub-sahara Africa until what the 1400s? So I can't imagine Europeans being able to find some/know of any Africans that was willing to help them out.. they would be more likely to send a boat up to crete or malta or even italy begging for help