FAO: Black people

Da Luv Doc

the greeks learnt their mathematics from the egyptians
No they didn't.The earliest basic, basic maths was found in Egypt. We're talking scrawlings on walls. It bears no resemblance to the advanced stages that the greeks took it to over the course of the next 1000 years.It was fundamentally the Indians and the Greeks who built maths into the systems we use today.Indian mathematicians having developed the number system, which forms the basis of all maths, and the greeks who loved up circles and triangles. It's even suggested that Pythagoras visited India.
lol i jus read this. angelo stick to trading and shares. ur history knowledge is sh*t, cos greece got its civilisation from egypt and rome, bare stuff they stole from the egyptians cos they interacted with egypt when egypt was a great power and they were nothing.
Did you just say Greece got it's civilization from Rome?Are you for real?Considering Pythagoras and ancient greece mathematicians were around 500 years before the Roman Empire began, that's quite a feat./Carpe I see your point.I didn't say there was no merit in their understanding. "Basic" was in comparison. But certain people are trying too hard to validate "black history" at the expense of giving credit where credit is not due.That's what I've been saying from the start. People are so desperate for recognition where it might not necessarilly be deserved.

but what makes u so certain such credit is NOT dueu have no significant knowledge other than what u have been taught which we all overstand has been heavily distorted throughout the course of time
he also seems unaware of the fact that the greeks visited egypt many times while their civilization was in infancy, taking and using egyptian methods of agricultre, mathematics, mysticism, and artistry. AND the fact that pythagoras he claims is the founder of advanced maths went to study,...lets call it ..... "basic maths" in memphis in egypt.no actual work of pythagora himself has ever been found, but somehow he has been credited with being the father of numbers. something only attributed to him long long after his death. skeen

but what makes u so certain such credit is NOT dueu have no significant knowledge other than what u have been taught which we all overstand has been heavily distorted throughout the course of time
I didn't do history in school.I dropped it in year 11 because all we were learning about was the agricultural revolution.I've just been given hundreds of books by my dad who was heavily into this (did his dissertation on it), which I've read, and by my mum on mesopotamian history. My heritage extends to that part of the world so I've done my research.@ CarpeWe can argue back and forth but nothing can be proved to the contrary so it's "my fact" vs "your fact".

I didn't do history in school.I dropped it in year 11 because all we were learning about was the agricultural revolution.I've just been given hundreds of books by my dad who was heavily into this (did his dissertation on it), which I've read, and by my mum on mesopotamian history. My heritage extends to that part of the world so I've done my research.@ CarpeWe can argue back and forth but nothing can be proved to the contrary so it's "my fact" vs "your fact".
And thats my point

And thats my point
actually, thats not arguable. it's like saying you can "argue" that the paintings of ancient egyptian pharaohs somehow depreciated over age to look like the current ethiopian/sudanese tribes who STILL look like that, and not the fact that it was from said nubian tribe that the pharaoahs came from in the first place. (since its only the black historical aspect people have a problem with..not the many others)all great civilizations are meccas of learning. the same way a chinese man can come to imperial college from china and master engineering and take it back home to china. whatever achievements he or she makes in engineering as a result should be credited to him, but not to say that he 'founded' some principles of engineering when such principles were clearly in use before him. pythagoras has made contribution to maths i merely picked upyour claim that the egyptians used basic maths, and the greeks used advanced methods when such methods were in use thousands of years before pythagoras was born.if you say pythagoras did not go to memphis, then you need to read the right books regardless of how many you have read. there isnt even proof he worked on any advanced methods himself, but a sort of religion was formed in his later years over the study of maths. they were very secretive... but thats a side matter. we're dealing with a complete distortion of history.

even a short google search will give you the history of pythagoras so like i said i dont see what's arguable: try itThales had visited Egypt and recommended that Pythagoras go to Egypt. Pythagoras arrived in Egypt around 547 BC when he was 23 years old. He stayed in Egypt for 21 years learning a variety of things including geometry from Egyptian priests . It was probably in Egypt where he learned the theorem that is now called by his name.By the time he was about 55 years old he returned to his native land and started a school on the island of Samos. In Croton he started a school which concentrated in the teaching and learning of Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, and Astronomy and their relationship with Religion. The theorem was also known to the Caldeans and the Babylonians more than a thousand years before Pythagoras. A clay tablet of Babylonian origin was found with the following inscription: "4 is the length and 5 the diagonal. What is the breadth?"So why is it called the Pythagorean Theorem? Even though the theorem was known long before his time, Pythagoras certainly generalized it and made it popular. (or in other words, lets just say it was made popular by a european)=======but there can be another thread about Greek civilization and history.

one thing that annoys me is when u ask someone whos educated on black history for some infomation and dey tell u to go research urself. i think we shud be sharing infomation more. also are there any black historians? i dunno but im jus saying if there are we need more cos the white man aint intrested in diggin up OUR history!

one thing that annoys me is when u ask someone whos educated on black history for some infomation and dey tell u to go research urself. i think we shud be sharing infomation more. also are there any black historians? i dunno but im jus saying if there are we need more cos the white man aint intrested in diggin up OUR history!
thats not been the case in my experience. you can do research for yourself still, like have you looked in the library? searched the internet for books?you can start with a book called "when we ruled" by robin walker.

even a short google search will give you the history of pythagoras so like i said i dont see what's arguable: try itThales had visited Egypt and recommended that Pythagoras go to Egypt. Pythagoras arrived in Egypt around 547 BC when he was 23 years old. He stayed in Egypt for 21 years learning a variety of things including geometry from Egyptian priests . It was probably in Egypt where he learned the theorem that is now called by his name.By the time he was about 55 years old he returned to his native land and started a school on the island of Samos. In Croton he started a school which concentrated in the teaching and learning of Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, and Astronomy and their relationship with Religion. The theorem was also known to the Caldeans and the Babylonians more than a thousand years before Pythagoras. A clay tablet of Babylonian origin was found with the following inscription: "4 is the length and 5 the diagonal. What is the breadth?"So why is it called the Pythagorean Theorem? Even though the theorem was known long before his time, Pythagoras certainly generalized it and made it popular. (or in other words, lets just say it was made popular by a european)=======but there can be another thread about Greek civilization and history.
Is that an accredited source? Google can tell you a lot of things...But "probably" and "might have" doesn't really cut it...I'll dig out some of the books I have today and find some quotes from them.

Is that an accredited source? Google can tell you a lot of things...But "probably" and "might have" doesn't really cut it...I'll dig out some of the books I have today and find some quotes from them.
do this, until then ur chatting breeze. i may have been wrong in my timing about greece and rome, but i have known in school by white people that the greeks studied and learnt stuff from the egyptians and romans, yes romans. if you deny that then you shouldnt even be talking in this thread. or tell the white part of the DNA in you to STFU and stop trying to deny the truth. theres plenty stuff white people have done so allow the crying over greece.alot of lies have been told and these lies are in OFFICIAL books you read in school. so you have to find other sources by relevant people.

Everybody look at it this way. South Asian, Oriental, European, South American, North American, North African ancient people and civilisation are celebrated and recognised today and hardly any Black Ancient Civilisation is relevant. With the exception that North Africa has been a mixing pot for eons due to geographical location. What about Great Zimbabwe were Chinese, Arabs and other nations traded with this great civilisation. The First Americans were negroid and this has been proved, the first Filipinos, Chinese and some Japanese were negroid and some orientals accept this. So, the wiser white man at the time took, claimed

It is also obvious that the europeans love to make themselves the best.EG. America did a film about the enigma machine but in reality, the british were to ones to find it.What I feel europeans always try to do.
what's wrong with that lol, everyone wants to make themselves the best..
The First Americans were negroid and this has been proved, the first Filipinos, Chinese and some Japanese were negroid and some orientals accept this.
whaaa? the native americans were black? the first chinese and japanaese were black?! you what?

quite a fair bit of bullshit in this thread no word of a lie
back ur statement up or stick to posting in car threads arguing with brisco
allow dropping his name in the same sentence with mine. hes a fass /i cosign ur input in this thread
Can you put this back in the l&l room please?Safe