BANG BANG GOOCH GANG!

Goddaz

_45639189_joyce_amos_gmp226.jpgColin Joyce and Lee Amos were both convicted of murder_45639190_gilbert_chin_gmp226.jpgTyrone Gilbert was shot at the wake of his friend, Ucal Chin_45639524_gooch_trio226.jpgAeeron Campbell, Narada Williams and Ricardo Williams were also convicted
The leaders of a gang said to be responsible for a huge increase in violence on the streets of Manchester have been found guilty of murder. Colin Joyce, 29, and Lee Amos, 33, were convicted of murdering a mourner at the funeral of a man Joyce had "executed". Tyrone Gilbert, 23, was shot dead six weeks after his friend Ucal Chin was gunned down in Longsight, Manchester. Eleven men were on trial at Liverpool Crown Court for a catalogue of gang-related crimes, including murder. Joyce led the Gooch Gang in dealing drugs, torturing street dealers who crossed them and targeting rivals, culminating in the murders of Mr Chin, 24, and Mr Gilbert, 23. Make no mistake, the men who led this gang - in particular Joyce and Amos - are among the most dangerous men in Manchester Det Ch Insp Stephen Eckersley, GMP The court heard gang warfare erupted in the city in 2007 after Joyce and Amos were released on licence for firearms offences. They were recalled to prison for breaking their licences towards the end of that year, which coincided with a dramatic reduction in violent crime in the city. Since 2007 there has been a 92% reduction in gang-related shootings in the city and no gang-related murder for 12 months, according to Greater Manchester Police (GMP). Home Secretary Jacqui Smith travelled to Manchester to herald the success last year, but the event was cancelled at the last minute over fears it could prejudice the trial. Tyrone Gilbert was shot at the wake of his friend, Ucal Chin The eleven gangsters on trial were all members of either Gooch or the Old Trafford Cripz, a gang affiliated to them. Both murder victims had links to Longsight Crew, rivals of Moss Side-based Gooch Gang, Liverpool Crown Court heard. Speaking on Monday, senior investigating officer Det Ch Insp Stephen Eckersley said he was "absolutely delighted" the gang were off the streets. The detective said officers had scratched the surface of the two murders to uncover a "much wider and well-organised conspiracy to possess guns and sell drugs". "This is by far the biggest trial of gang members Greater Manchester Police has ever run and the implications of today's conviction for the city are immense," he added. FROM BBC RADIO 5 LIVE More from BBC Radio 5 live "Make no mistake, the men who led this gang - in particular Joyce and Amos - are among the most dangerous men in Manchester." Police said Mr Chin and Mr Gilbert were killed in "military style" operations that were "executed with precision". Mr Chin was driving along Anson Road in Longsight on 15 June 2007 when a silver Audi pulled up alongside and seven shots were fired. Three of them struck his upper arm, upper back and chest, injuring his liver, heart and lungs and causing massive internal bleeding. He died later in hospital. A few weeks later on 27 July, his friends and family, including Tyrone Gilbert, were attending an impromptu wake on Frobisher Close when a number of shots were fired into the crowd from a passing car. Aeeron Campbell, Narada Williams and Ricardo Williams were also convicted Mr Gilbert was hit by a single bullet to the chest and he died in hospital. One of his friends, Michael Gordon, sustained two gunshot wounds to his left leg but survived. One gang member, Aeeron Campbell, 25, was traced by DNA after he left a balaclava and pair of gloves at the scene. He was arrested in August 2007 followed by Joyce, Amos and the rest of the gang. Their subsequent prosecutions were secured with the help of six witnesses who were former associates of the gang. All were given immunity from prosecution and are now in witness protection programmes. Joyce was found guilty of murdering Mr Chin and Mr Gilbert, as well as the attempted murder of Mr Gordon. Amos was found guilty of Mr Gilbert's murder and the attempted murder of the other man, alongside senior gang members Campbell, Narada Williams, 28, and his brother, Ricardo Williams, 26. Five other men were convicted of a range of gang-related offences including gun possession and drug dealing. A sixth man pleaded guilty to the charges. The men will be sentenced by judge Brian Langstaff on Tuesday

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2007 there has been a 92% reduction in gang-related shootings in the city and no gang-related murder for 12 months, according to Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
That seems a bit far-fetched.
Not really.From what I know, The Gooch gang & The Cheetham Hill gang were the main ones in Moss side.

Since 2007 there has been a 92% reduction in gang-related shootings in the city and no gang-related murder for 12 months, according to Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
what I thoughtmust be a overexageration
You must falsify.
shut upwat kindah man are uprobably hiding in the cuboard right nowhoping that savage u call a wife doesn't find u and smack u one for beenin on vip2*spits* as a man u disgust me

You must falsify.
shut upwat kindah man are uprobably hiding in the cuboard right nowhoping that savage u call a wife doesn't find u and smack u one for talking to malika*spits* as a man u disgust me
Lol...You don't want no trouble with me plyr.Go and finish ur UEL degree.

Not really.
Manchester has over 2.2million in populationYou are telling me one gang provides 92% of the city's gang crime and murdersthats bs

Not really.
Only way that is possible imo is it hasnt been reported/recorded. Or they were unaware such people were part of a gang. But 92% come on....

Guest WAVESURFER
Not really.

Not really.
Only way that is possible imo is it hasnt been reported/recorded. Or they were unaware such people were part of a gang. But 92% come on....
You've done sociology or criminology A level innit?

You must falsify.
shut upwat kindah man are uprobably hiding in the cuboard right nowhoping that savage u call a wife doesn't find u and smack u one for talking to malika*spits* as a man u disgust me
lolthat thing u lookin at aint a mirror broin now way shape or form am i as pathetic as u

Not really.
Yep unrecorded statistics

Not really.
Manchester has over 2.2million in populationYou are telling me one gang provides 92% of the city's gang crime and murdersthats bs
Believe what you want but from what I know, reports I've read, ppl I've spoken to. It's possible.Also remember Manchester isn't London.

Not really.
You've done sociology or criminology A level innit?
:ghost:

You must falsify.
lolthat thing u lookin at aint a mirror broin now way shape or form am i as pathetic as u
you're calling me out online popofollowing my every move like venomeither put up or shut up

You must falsify.
you're calling me out online popofollowing my every move like venomeither put up or shut up
:lol::lol::lol: as big a fail as u trying to tell yur wife what u will and will not tolerate seriouslyi'm probably laughing just as much as she was

You must falsify.
:lol::lol::lol: as big a fail as u trying to tell yur wife what u will and will not tolerate seriouslyi'm probably laughing just as much as she was
im always laughing last

Guest M12 Part 2
Not really.From what I know, The Gooch gang & The Cheetham Hill gang were the main ones in Moss side.
cheetham hill is an area on its own. its nowhere near moss side and they havent really been active on the gang front since the mid nineties. these days everything happens in and around moss side and longsight