What we need is a Hamsterdam...

Mr Q

The way I see it, (somebody please feel free to counter the argument) is that if drugs are legalised, career drug dealers will move onto something else to make their dirty money from.That can only spell trouble for the average joe, seeing as robbery (armed or street) and sale of contraband are the only real accessible forms of crime to make money from for your bog standard drug trafficker (apart from fraud, but the average trafficking guy hasn't got the networks or structures to initiate major white collar fraud that brings in the cash on a reggle like drugs...).So, to summarise...no drug dealers = more robbers and guns on the streets, and not just confined to their own areas as well, they'll be all up in the City and sh*t.
fair point...but the way i see it is not every drug dealer is built for them higher level crimes...usually if they are they are already doing it. certain people would be too detered to move onto more serious crimes.
This. Being a drug dealer doesn't instantly mean you are willing to do other crimes, especially ones that arguably involve alot more work then selling drugs. Regulating drugs would not solve the problems of crimes. However, it shouldn't be overlooked in the way that it is by the shitty media and crap politicians. Like the article said, its not like prohibition is a success. The prison system as a whole is a waste of money tbh. f*ck is the point in it if youre not being rehabilitated.
I never said it "instantly" means you're willing to do other crimes...but if you've been making easy money for years on end, the likelihood that you're suddenly gonna go straight if drugs become legal is LAUGHABLE.