Parkinson - "She aint so Goody"

hardface

Michael Parkinson Slams Jade GoodyChat show legend Sir Michael Parkinson attacks "ignorant" Jade Goody52BE71BCBC4D43D80C835520682F.jpgBroadcasting legend Sir Michael Parkinson has attacked Jade Goody, days after her funeral. Speaking to the Radio Times, he said the reality TV star represented: "all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today". He added that she was "ignorant" and "puerile" and despite being dubbed 'the Essex princess', bears no relation to Princess Diana. He said: "When we clear the media smokescreen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today. She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile." Sir Michael went on: "She was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and, from that point on, became a media chattel to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died." The 74-year-old added: "What bothers me is that the media first of all recommended we hate Jade Goody - 'a slapper with a face like a pig', remember? - and shortly thereafter tried to persuade us to celebrate her." Calling her "the perfect victim of our times," he contended that she "died to an orchestrated chorus of exploitation". Jade, the mother of two sons, died on Mother's Day aged 27 after battling cervical cancer.Sir Michael revealed that he'd wanted to interview the Big Brother star, saying: "She has a fascinating back-story." Jade's publicist and friend Max Clifford said: "I'm very sad and surprised at his comments." http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/reality...9&GT1=61503

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is speaking truth.I mean she was was an il-educated slapper before, then she was famous for apparently no reason nor due to any discernible talent, hated after for her ignorance and bigotry and celeb BB and now she is dead she is the nations darling again.f*ck*ng ridiculous.

Parkinson is a showerguy stil.Spits real talk oh so often.Nobody can say anything either because he is that guy.
Mohammed Ali?
Ali as much as i liked him was a trash talker with style, bar for bar Parky's sharp tounge would cut him up
lol. Parkinson got savaged by Ali

Parkinson is a showerguy stil.Spits real talk oh so often.Nobody can say anything either because he is that guy.
Mohammed Ali?
Ali as much as i liked him was a trash talker with style, bar for bar Parky's sharp tounge would cut him up
lol. Parkinson got savaged by Ali
This is man talk get back to the dishes.

"When we clear the media smokescreen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today. She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile."This is pretty much spot on but he could have said it in a less....attacking and disrespectful way.She didnt choose that life so he should be a bit more pityfull and less hatefull