Make-Up

O.Man

Almost every girl wears make up, from 4 year old girls playing with their disney make up kits, to OAP's slappin on some lipstick before going to bingoObviously i haven't worn it as much and not for the same reasons as girls do, but i feel make up is over used. This topic isn't aimed at whether it is aesthetically pleasing or not, but aimed at the psychological effects make-up has on women.I feel it has a very negative effect, from when women don't want to step outside their homes without make up, or they answer the door to the postmen covering their eyes, something is wrong.Make up can make your face look smoother, your eyes look more appealing, but at what cost? you look in the mirror without make up and how do you feel?Instead of using make up to enchance your look on a night out, its being used daily to cover a face, an identity because of insecurity.this makes o.man very sad.Ladies, how do you use make-up?guys, how would you prefer make-up to be used?i have alot more to say, but lets get the ball rolling

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use it sparingly and as i get older its getting less and lessif its just a normal day i wear nothing but lip gloss (if that)if i know im out all day, mascara, gloss and concealer over my birthmarkraving or an outing add lipstick to the equationif i never had a birthmark on my face, i doubt i would wear anything, bcuz it was trying to cover up that which introduced me into experimenting with eyeshadows etcin the summer time its barely visible so my self-esteem is a lot betteother than that tho, iv had a serious battle with myself, reality is i notice it a lot more than others doeg my freind said 'i think ppl with birthmarks on their faces are reeeeally unlucky'i plainfaced her and pointed to mine and her face was priceless, she actually 'forgot'but God doesnt make ANY mistakes and all my longterm relationships developed from a time when i wernt wearing any make upso for me make up is not my comfort blanket its a hinderance

This is life tho espesh in society today everyone is tryin to be someone else or aspiring to look like someone else. i know a lot girls that wont go out without makeup because they have gotten used to wearing it that much. i personally was a latecomer when it comes to the makeup thing, only recently starting wearing it and tbh i like it that way cuts down my gettin ready time by a lot. Only ever wear it wen im goin out and even then its basics foundation, lipgloss thats it.

when i am at work i use eyeliner (very fine, without the swishes) mascara and vasaline.. if i am going out i will wear fancy eyeliner mascara AND natural (plain coloured) lip gloss.. maybe some bluser if i am going to a wedding or interview (RARE OCASSIONS) on the weekends i MIGHT wear mascara but highly unlikelyvasaline is my best friend and mascara is a luxury i could live without everything elsei experimented with lipsticks,eye shadows, glitter eyeliners, concealer,foundation, press/compact/loose/brush/liquid to cream/cream to powder type sh*tall major no no'sI will apply powder to my nose if i am going underground on the trains during summer so that is doesn't get shiny b4 work.