Bank Accounts

Meticulous

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody knew all my bank details, knew how much I had in there and knew my security passwordWhat exactly could they do?They dont however know my cards CVC number and expiry dateJust want to protect myself
if u got p in there they would transfer it to another persons account and withdraw it

If somebody knew all my bank details, knew how much I had in there and knew my security passwordWhat exactly could they do?They dont however know my cards CVC number and expiry dateJust want to protect myself
if u got p in there they would transfer it to another persons account and withdraw it
By phone?Will my bank not need the full card details attached to my bank?True they could pretend to be me and activate online banking...

By phone?Will my bank not need the full card details attached to my bank?
:lol: :lol: if they got ur security password - ur money is as good as gone.all thats needed is ur account number and sort code number and ur passsworddunno why ur worryin tho- anyone whose details are compromised get their money back - its the banks and companies that lose out.

By phone?Will my bank not need the full card details attached to my bank?True they could pretend to be me and activate online banking...
when i hear sob stories like this its really amazing... ok fair enough people dont no how things work, but i mean come on

The only way to insulate yourself from this, is putting your money into a savings account that needs a SEPERATE password to set up a new transfer. I don't know if all banks do this but I know with Halifax & Natwest you need to enter additional security details to create a new transfer. This isn't 100% foolproof but just another layer that frustrates the fraudsters when trying.As for getting your money back, the banks are starting to take a tough line on victims. If they believe you were negligent with your password they aint trying to give you your money back.