Sign in to follow this  
TF S4DK

Gallas out for the season, Almunia out for three weeks & Clichy out for two weeks

i take it we will be getting Traore back from Pompy at least come end of the season.How do people think he has performed this season?Place in the team/squad for him @ Arsenal?

Unless he improves his defending, no chance, not convinced with him on the wing, basically a left wing Eboue.

A shame for Gibbs that this has only happened when Silvestre is fit.But Villareal Liverpool Chelsea are risky games to play him in.Wigan and Middlesborough are before/after these games, which I wouldn't have minded him playing in.Silvestre better not f*ck up though.

Gibbs will play this month tho, probably play Chelsea. Just Silvestre will be given Wigan and thereafter.

Should be the other way round if anything though.Wigan for GibbsChelsea for Silvestre.

I dnt trust Johan, his concentration levels and positioning are suspectClichy needs a rest tbh, Silvestre will do a job

Should be the other way round if anything though.Wigan for GibbsChelsea for Silvestre.
Yeah but Gibbs has played all rounds of the Cup. If Clichy was fit, Wenger probably would have gone Clichy tho.

I dnt trust Johan, his concentration levels and positioning are suspectClichy needs a rest tbh, Silvestre will do a job
Yeah but his pace usually get him out of trouble.Silvestre will get ethered in at least one game.

Iv been impressed with Gibbs' performances tbhHe should get the nod

nah silvestre will play left back
“We have Mikael Silvestre and we have Johan Djourou [who can play at centre back]. But we have lost Gael as well for two to three weeks so at the back we are a bit short.“At the moment yes Kieran Gibbs will play. I will see how well he does – he will play on Saturday. He is a player; I am confident that he will do well.“And I have full confidence in Lukasz Fabianski. He has shown that when he came on the other night that he can deal with a situation very well.“I am not worried for them; I’m confident they can cope with that.”

Good to see that giving him a chance.Anyone think Fabianski could do a Manninger?
I hope he does better than Manninger, but I know what you mean.

Was gonna ask hw he did.

On Kieran Gibbs’ possible red card at the end of the first half…“I was like everybody else from Arsenal; scared it could be a red card. I hoped it would be a yellow. At that moment I thought that Mikael Silvestre was behind Gibbs and I hoped it would be a yellow. I still think our goalkeeper would have got the ball – it was not a goal chance, he had pushed the ball too far.“Like the rest of our defence in the first half we were a bit on the back foot. We became stronger and stronger and in the second half he was much better.”

Djourou is prone to pick up an injury.
“Johan Djourou has a knee problem and that’s the bad news of the day. It looks as though he’ll be out for Wednesday. We lost two central defenders in two games, we have a few more games to go and we haven’t got enough of them to lose one every game.”