Gallas out for the season, Almunia out for three weeks & Clichy out for two weeks

TF S4DK

A shame for Gibbs that this has only happened when Silvestre is fit.But Villareal Liverpool Chelsea are risky games to play him in.Wigan and Middlesborough are before/after these games, which I wouldn't have minded him playing in.Silvestre better not f*ck up though.

nah silvestre will play left back
“We have Mikael Silvestre and we have Johan Djourou [who can play at centre back]. But we have lost Gael as well for two to three weeks so at the back we are a bit short.“At the moment yes Kieran Gibbs will play. I will see how well he does – he will play on Saturday. He is a player; I am confident that he will do well.“And I have full confidence in Lukasz Fabianski. He has shown that when he came on the other night that he can deal with a situation very well.“I am not worried for them; I’m confident they can cope with that.”

Was gonna ask hw he did.

On Kieran Gibbs’ possible red card at the end of the first half…“I was like everybody else from Arsenal; scared it could be a red card. I hoped it would be a yellow. At that moment I thought that Mikael Silvestre was behind Gibbs and I hoped it would be a yellow. I still think our goalkeeper would have got the ball – it was not a goal chance, he had pushed the ball too far.“Like the rest of our defence in the first half we were a bit on the back foot. We became stronger and stronger and in the second half he was much better.”

Djourou is prone to pick up an injury.
“Johan Djourou has a knee problem and that’s the bad news of the day. It looks as though he’ll be out for Wednesday. We lost two central defenders in two games, we have a few more games to go and we haven’t got enough of them to lose one every game.”