87% of people agree with Michael Parkinson's Jade remarks

jellybone

Yahoo! users back Parky over Jade commentsTue Apr 07 05:32PM by TV EditorJade GoodyRecent articles * Soaps preview: 11 - 17 April * Apprentice result leaked ahead of show * Parky hits out at 'ignorant and puerile' Jade * New Jonathan Ross waxwork unveiled * Soaps preview: 5 - 10 AprilWe've had an overwhelming response to our blog about Michael Parkinson's comments about the late Jade Goody.Earlier we reported how the veteran broadcaster had said that Jade represented "all that is paltry and wretched about Britain" in his column in this week's Radio Times.Parkinson stated that, while he felt Jade's death was as sad as that of any young person, he disagreed with the media's manipulation of her from hate figure to Princess Diana-style saint following her death.He described her as "the perfect victim of our times" and said that she should now be allowed to "rest in peace."We had more than 18,000 comments in the first five hours (more than we've ever had for a TV blog) and it appears that the majority of our users support Parky and his decision to speak out.Almost 30,000 votes had been cast in our poll by 5pm, with an incredible 87% saying that they agreed with the chatshow host.Mgnewson commented on our blog: "I agree totally with Sir Michael, at last someone has the guts to say it" while Victorcampbell said: "It's about time someone injected a little reality into this situation."However, not everyone agreed and Kellyliveshere believed it was "a horrible and senseless thing to say" while Jessica.bungay feels that 'Parkinson has just helped himself to become one of the most disliked men in the UK."What do you think about his comments? You can read them in full here and then add your own views...http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/157492/

Anyone who actually thinks Jade is 'princess type Martyr' is a fool.She was a low class prejudice talentless deviant. Her death and the manner of her death is sad and unfortunate but everyone now looks on her with rose tinted glasses now.Dieing from cancer does not make her a good person, she still typifies what is wrong with Britain today:-Il-educated.IgnorantCompletely lacking in any manners or social graces.

Anyone who actually thinks Jade is 'princess type Martyr' is a fool.She was a low class prejudice talentless deviant. Her death and the manner of her death is sad and unfortunate but everyone now looks on her with rose tinted glasses now.Dieing from cancer does not make her a good person, she still typifies what is wrong with Britain today:-Il-educated.IgnorantCompletely lacking in any manners or social graces.
What does being "low class" have to do with anything?"Dieing"? Wtf...Your whole post is a joke.

Wrong timing, and the criticism was too sharp.He has a valid point, but it didn't need to come publicly so soon after her death.
I disagree.If you are to make a statement about Jade, now is the time.6months to a year down the line people would have mostly forgotten and the media would have fuelled this "princess Jade" legend for that period of time. Now was the time to battle back against the media and remind people who she actually was.

Wrong timing, and the criticism was too sharp.He has a valid point, but it didn't need to come publicly so soon after her death.
I disagree.If you are to make a statement about Jade, now is the time.6months to a year down the line people would have mostly forgotten and the media would have fuelled this "princess Jade" legend for that period of time. Now was the time to battle back against the media and remind people who she actually was.
If you want to offend her family and friends and look like a wanker, then yes, now is the time.

What does being "low class" have to do with anything?"Dieing"? Wtf...Your whole post is a joke.
You can disagree but you fail to understand coupled and you are one of those caught in the media Jade Wave.People forgot how she acted on her inaugral Big Brother series, the series that made her famous. Her baps and belly hanging out = Low class actions. Her response to who is the boss of virgin - "Richard Bransford" = uneducated.Have you forgotten about how she acted on celeb BB. Calling an Asian individual "Ms. Poppadom" is not just ignorant because even the most il-educated of individuals would know that could be deemed offensive. She made the conscious decision to say that, hence classless once again.The reason I draw attention to her lack of class is because now the rose tinted media is constantly portraying her as a benevolant martyr. Whereas she was just a person who suffered and died as a result of cancer. Unfortunate as it is cancer should not provide absolution of her public persona.

Are you thick or something.People forgot how she acted on her inaugral Big Brother series, the series that made her famous. Her baps and belly hanging out = Low class actions. Her response to who is the boss of virgin - "Richard Bransford" = uneducated.Have you forgotten about how she acted on celeb BB. Calling an Asian individual "Ms. Poppadom" is not just ignorant because even the most il-educated of individuals would know that could be deemed offensive. She made the conscious decision to say that, hence classless once again.The reason I draw attention to her lack of class is because now the rose tinted media is constantly portraying her as a benevolant martyr. Whereas she was just a person who suffered and died as a result of cancer. Unfortunate as it is cancer should not provide absolution of her public persona.
Stop it now.We all know what Jade was and wasn't.SLASHYes, I'm very f*ck*ng thick.

LOL @ rating him, should of criticised the media circus whilst it was at is highest and it was happening. Saying it after she died is a cop out IMO.We all know what Jade was like etc, but 87% of people claiming they agree with Parky is bullshit after all i bet 80% of the idiots brought all of the magazines she featured in and routinely watched BB and any other program she was in.

i actually dont like the whole dianarizing of her funeral.. thats probably why he chose to speak so quickly. i dont like his suttle references to class thats all. this isnt a class issue its just a celeb culture thats gone mad. anyone who falls on the red carpet here is suddenly a celeb we have thrust at us day in day out.ad mr Q he did slate the media.

i actually dont like the whole dianarizing of her funeral.. thats probably why he chose to speak so quickly. i dont like his suttle references to class thats all. this isnt a class issue its just a celeb culture thats gone mad. anyone who falls on the red carpet here is suddenly a celeb we have thrust at us day in day out.

i actually dont like the whole dianarizing of her funeral.. thats probably why he chose to speak so quickly. i dont like his suttle references to class thats all. this isnt a class issue its just a celeb culture thats gone mad. anyone who falls on the red carpet here is suddenly a celeb we have thrust at us day in day out.ad mr Q he did slate the media.
Yeah i know he did, but i feel he should of done it whilst it she was alive and they were giving her million pound deals to watch her die on her death bed.