State Ur Race

JOHN DOE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have spent the last two days reading Paul Gilroy, Stuart Hall, Anthony Giddens etc. I shall be avoiding this topic
explain
They have written lots of material which is highly critical of, and attempts to deconstruct, the concept of 'race'
u must be white ( no sendage )

As I have spent the last two days reading Paul Gilroy, Stuart Hall, Anthony Giddens etc. I shall be avoiding this topic
explain
They have written lots of material which is highly critical of, and attempts to deconstruct, the concept of 'race'
u must be white ( no sendage )
They might take issue with thatBut yeah, my skin is white(And 2 out of 3 of those writers are black btw)

What books were you reading?
Gilroy - Ain't No Black In The Union Jack: The Cultural Politics Of Race And NationGilroy, P. (2004) After Empire: melancholia or convivial culture?Hall, S. (2000) “The Multicultural Question” in ed. Barnor Hesse - Un/Settled Mutliculturalisms: Diasporas, Entanglements ,Transruptions (Stuart Hall's chapters)Parekh, B. (2000) The future of multi-ethnic Britain: report of the Commission on the Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain (The Parekh report)Geertz, C. (2000) Available Light: anthropological reflections on philosophical topics.

What books were you reading?
Gilroy - Ain't No Black In The Union Jack: The Cultural Politics Of Race And NationGilroy, P. (2004) After Empire: melancholia or convivial culture?Hall, S. (2000) “The Multicultural Question” in ed. Barnor Hesse - Un/Settled Mutliculturalisms: Diasporas, Entanglements ,Transruptions (Stuart Hall's chapters)Parekh, B. (2000) The future of multi-ethnic Britain: report of the Commission on the Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain (The Parekh report)Geertz, C. (2000) Available Light: anthropological reflections on philosophical topics.
Been meaning to read that first Gilroy book since i went Marxism 2008. Is it any good?(Sidenote:Also Marxism 2009 looks interesting.)