them cult players

Lurker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Gregory is a bit of cult hero for his quotes:

"The chairman of Brighton wouldn't recognize Gareth Barry if he was stood on Brighton beach in the team strip, with a seagull on his head and a ball in his hand." - in response to claims that Brighton made Barry the player he is and worthy of a £2.5m compensation payment."On being asked about a strain which was expected to keep Collymore out of action: "It's quite a bad one. It will probably keep him out for a couple of weeks - it's located just between his ears."Interviewed on Sky: "Well, we're still top of the Premiership," [turns and looks to camera]. "I do apologise for that." Question at AGM: "You said that every player has his price and Dwight Yorke's was 16 mill, how come you only accepted 12 million?" - Gregory: "It was all I could get out of the Scottish Git." On Yorke: 'If I'd had a gun I could have shot him.' "Ten thousand? I gave out more than that. I was up all night printing twenty thousand" - commenting on the Villa fans holding up '£' signs to remind Deadly Doug what his wallet is for against Spurs."I don't like Chelsea and I've never liked Chelsea" "He wanted to know who had won the 3:30" - on why Paul Merson had a conversation with him on the dugout phone against Sunderland."I'll take that son" - after Paul Merson was given a bottle of champagne for being chosen as man of the match.Gregory confirmed that he expects Bosnich to leave the club at the end of the season, even if Villa finish in the top two. Why? Gregory said nothing, just pulled out a roll of banknotes from his trouser pocket.

lol@Paul McGrath being regarded anything more than 'above average' outside of a 3 mile square radius of Birmingham.I suppose Tony Daley and Dalian Atkinson were the most devastatingly penetrative attacking duo of their era in the world also?
Paul McGrath is rated as world class by alot of United fans who also saw him play if it wasn't for injuries and a "little" drink problem he would've probably became a united ledgend 2OLEGEND is the real definition of cult hero no one else comes close