"He was just a middle-class white kid"

streets.

'Knives Destroy Lives - Just Look At Oli'The family of a stabbing victim is hoping a photo of him in his hospital bed will help put an end to knife crime.15243780.jpgOliver Hemsley, known as Oli, was stabbed eight times in an unprovoked attack by a gang of youths in Shoreditch, East London, last August.The 21-year-old's spinal cord was partially severed during the stabbing, leaving him paralysed from the neck down.He had been accepted for a fashion design course at the prestigious St Martin's School of Art but instead spent five months on a ventilator and is still in a rehabilitation unit.His brother Will Hemsley, 26, of Cambridgeshire, said: "Knives destroy lives, just look at Oli. He has to have people helping him with even the most basic tasks."He wasn't a gang member. He was just a middle-class white kid walking along and he has had his life taken away."Will has organised a charity bike ride from London to the French Alps to raise money for spinal injury charities and the round-the-clock care Oli will need for the rest of his life.The 600-mile Ride2Recovery cycle, which will take place over six days in May, is also aimed at raising awareness of the problem of knife crime in the UK."Knife crime is not confined to gang culture and there are many innocent victims each year," the fundraising team said."Many believe it will never happen to them or their families but that is exactly what Oli and his family felt before that tragic night last summer."A 16-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent but sentencing has been deferred for psychiatric reports due to his "extremely low" IQ.Prosecutors have said there is not enough evidence to charge anybody else over the attack.
violin-and-bow-10.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luckstar

now hes a middle class white cripple who is relying on the tax payer to keep his sorry decripid shabby self alive for no discernible reason as he has zero quality of life and is a burden to societypilllow ova face = The solution

That's sad.Don't know why your mocking the class thing tbh.This just illustrates how kids these days have no code of conduct.How you gonna do that to a guy when he's not in the game? Piss take tbh.
have you missed the point?can u not see the wrongness of the use of the article's word "not a gang member- just a middle class white kid" - so who in their eyes, fits the profile of a gang member? Need i say any more

That's sad.Don't know why your mocking the class thing tbh.This just illustrates how kids these days have no code of conduct.How you gonna do that to a guy when he's not in the game? Piss take tbh.
have you missed the point?can u not see the wrongness of the use of the article's word "not a gang member- just a middle class white kid" - so who in their eyes, fits the profile of a gang member? Need i say any more
tbh

i dont get it. Are you trying to say that middle class white gangs go around stabbing people??If so, write to trident and tell them theyve been taking the wrong approach.

And?Isn't that just pointing out the fact of the matter?

i dont get it. Are you trying to say that middle class white gangs go around stabbing people??If so, write to trident and tell them theyve been taking the wrong approach.
Dont mean to be rude but you cannot be srious bro