What Makes Somebody A True Football Fan?

Avon Barksdale

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

match going imo
what if for whatever reason they dont have the means to go to matches but still love the game and the club with such passion
there are more things to life than football imoif people don't attend for work reasons or they've moved away or whatever then fair enoughbut i doubt anyone who posts on vip2 (and thus has a computer and an internet subscription - and probably a sky+ box) can't afford £35 a year to go and watch their side, especially with the amount of games nowadays and how rare it is clubs sell out every game

match going imo
But what if the person could not afford to go?If it was not for your parents having the finances to take you and who ever you went with to Villa park would that mean you would not be a true fan?Would you also put football as a higher priority to you then your financial state?Not everyone who goes to matches is a true fan imo lots of people i know go Chelsea every week just because they can afford to were as others know lots about the team follow them on non-match days etc who i would class as more true fans

match going imo
what if for whatever reason they dont have the means to go to matches but still love the game and the club with such passion
there are more things to life than football imoif people don't attend for work reasons or they've moved away or whatever then fair enoughbut i doubt anyone who posts on vip2 (and thus has a computer and an internet subscription - and probably a sky+ box) can't afford £35 a year to go and watch their side, especially with the amount of games nowadays and how rare it is clubs sell out every game
Well said.as well as what Mad vybez said some ppl would jump ship and run up on another one quicker than them somali piratesthose ppl know who they are

match going imo
But what if the person could not afford to go?If it was not for your parents having the finances to take you and who ever you went with to Villa park would that mean you would not be a true fan?Would you also put football as a higher priority to you then your financial state?Not everyone who goes to matches is a true fan imo lots of people i know go Chelsea every week just because they can afford to were as others know lots about the team follow them on non-match days etc who i would class as more true fans
if someone can afford a computer, games console, internet connection etc but can't afford £15 for a carling cup ticket a season then football is obviously so low down on their list of priorities that they aren't a "true fan".and lol@ parents paying, get a job

match going imo
if someone can afford a computer, games console, internet connection etc but can't afford £15 for a carling cup ticket a season then football is obviously so low down on their list of priorities that they aren't a "true fan".and lol@ parents paying, get a job
most people have computer/internet because they are a necsity in this day n age, and not everyne has a games console etc, you're confusing certain people on vip2 for the whole country mate

I personally feel its the passion you feel towards your teamlol @ match going being one of themfrom day I go to the emirates and one old lady sitting behind me tells me to sit down while im supporting my team SMHI suppose that lady is a true fan right? Its the simple things that makes somebody a true football fan

nah she's probably not. just like the corporates at Chelsea aren't proper fans.but if someone never goes to watch their team play because they'd rather sit at home and watch it on sky they aren't 'true fans'.just like the 350 people who will go to rococo's bar in birmingham city centre to watch us on some saudi arabian channel against fulham & spend £20 getting smashed out their faces when we have 3,000 seats unsold aren't true fans.

When someone is a match goer it doesn't automaticly make them a true fanits just one of the criteria that goes towards it. Fc united have fans from sewden who regulary get to our games. so living in the same city and never being to a game is unacceptable, if you cant get to first team games get yourself to reserves games.

Guest Lemons

Following your team, whether that be on the Internet (blogs, club website etc), going to games, wathcing games on TV, listening on the Radio and being loyal.

Its a combination of things...For me personally you have to go games and support...sup⋅port–verb (used with object)1. to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.2. to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.3. to undergo or endure, esp. with patience or submission; tolerate.4. to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.5. to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.6. to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back; second.7. to maintain or advocate (a theory, principle, etc.).8. to corroborate (a statement, opinion, etc.): Leading doctors supported his testimony.9. to act with or second (a lead performer); assist in performance: The star was supported by a talented newcomer.–noun10. the act or an instance of supporting.11. the state of being supported.12. something that serves as a foundation, prop, brace, or stay.13. maintenance, as of a person or family, with necessaries, means, or funds: to pay for support of an orphan.14. a person or thing that supports, as financially: The pension was his only support.15. a person or thing that gives aid or assistance.16. an actor, actress, or group performing with a lead performer.17. the material, as canvas or wood, on which a picture is painted.18. Stock Exchange. support level.–adjective19. (of hosiery) made with elasticized fibers so as to fit snugly on the legs, thereby aiding circulation, relieving fatigue, etc.

Guest LucaPiano
What Makes Somebody A True Football Fan?
Tbh theres only one ting that makes you a fan like no other and thats being a moderator in the sports room on vip2, if your not one of these you are a lower class citizen and fan, you do not hold wieght with man and have a knowledge of a fish. Being a sports room mod makes you the most passionate fan and legendary supporter in ur clubs history, it means you goto games when you actually dont, it means you can suck your heroes d*ck off and it means you can get top quallity inside information and liase with your clubs staff.

Its a combination of things...For me personally you have to go games and support...sup⋅port–verb (used with object)1. to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.2. to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.3. to undergo or endure, esp. with patience or submission; tolerate.4. to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.5. to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.6. to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back; second.7. to maintain or advocate (a theory, principle, etc.).8. to corroborate (a statement, opinion, etc.): Leading doctors supported his testimony.9. to act with or second (a lead performer); assist in performance: The star was supported by a talented newcomer.–noun10. the act or an instance of supporting.11. the state of being supported.12. something that serves as a foundation, prop, brace, or stay.13. maintenance, as of a person or family, with necessaries, means, or funds: to pay for support of an orphan.14. a person or thing that supports, as financially: The pension was his only support.15. a person or thing that gives aid or assistance.16. an actor, actress, or group performing with a lead performer.17. the material, as canvas or wood, on which a picture is painted.18. Stock Exchange. support level.–adjective19. (of hosiery) made with elasticized fibers so as to fit snugly on the legs, thereby aiding circulation, relieving fatigue, etc.
certain people on this forum need to take note of No.3 and stop bitching and calling for peoples heads when their team drops a few points or certain players have a bad run of game