FIFA 2010 Updates Thread

Sleepz

All the news is coming out early this year and Dave Rutter (the producer) said on his twitter that EA will be unveiling FIFA10 next week, this threads just gna be about the latest news and what not. Post all finds in here...

This news comes courtesy of FIFASoccerBlog.comManager Mode: Many of you have suggested severalimprovements for Manager Mode in FIFA 10. While we won’t be able toaddress all of them this year, I can tell you that many of the issuesyou mentioned will be solved for FIFA 10. We know that Manager Mode isone the most important in the game, and as such it received a lot ofattention from the development team this year. This means having morerealistic results in sim matches (i.e. more realistic league table);having a more compelling transfer system; improved atmosphere, playergrowth, and many more. In the end, it is a matter of prioritizing andhave a plan that will continue to improve MM not just in FIFA 10, butin all the FIFAs to come.Flick Passes: We are constantly trying to improve ourpassing system, and part of it is adding variety. Last year weimplemented swerve on through balls, so that skilled passers could playmore effective through balls. Flick passes are definitely part of thegame. What we have to ask ourselves is whether we want them to becontextual (such as back heel passes in the game right now) or usingthe R1 or RB modifier.Ball Physics: We made changes to the ball physics lastyear, and it became what I think is the most realistic ball behaviourin-air that we have had. However, there were a few problems that we didnot have time to fix, such as the ball bouncing too fast after it hitsa player. We are working this year to polish this feature and fixissues such as this.Defensive Line Height: We always need to have abalance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attackingteam has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. Ithink part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too highat times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We aredefinitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be muchimproved for FIFA 10.General Gameplay: As I mentioned before, there is onlyso much we can do in one development cycle, so we won’t be able toaddress all of the concerns at once. That said, in FIFA 10 we hope youget a much better gameplay experience through improvements in all ofour areas: CPU AI, set pieces, physical play, defending, positioning,goalkeeping, etc…
Couple of quotes from Rutter on the forum...
we're under embargo atm - so we're demo-ing a very small proportion of things to the press next week, and I don't think they're allowed to talk about it for a while after.I'll get what I can out to you guys asap.We're still working on fixing the audio and MM issue introduced with the trophy update on PS3 and Ultimate Team download for 360...
We'll be talking to the press about a few things - and the press will get a chance to play.I'm hoping to get a blog written about the Showcase too - and will get that out asap.D
C'mon David, I've been supporting this game since day one, but it HAS come to the point where all someone has to do is apply full pressure in custom tactics to make the game totally unrealistic, and it's really ****ing me off tbh. the only way to win at that point is constant through balls, and no1 wants that. something really needs to be done about high pressure and how it affects games.
I'm not going to be able to make the custom tactics stuff go away in FIFA 09. It'll be toned down for 10 for sure - but I know that doesn't help you now.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i c/s that guys post with the custom tactics killing off other guyshope they fix thatmanager mode needs 2 fix upand EA SERVERS NEEDS TO MAN UPcant keep gettin disconnectd for random reasons and ronaldinho's face 2seconds after i press "START" Effing up my whole consoleas for the rest im completely happy with the game..

LOL at that fassy complaining about high pressure. It's the most easiest to play against, much easier than playing against no pressure with the defence sitting deep.Get your custom tactic game up or go buy Pro.
:!: :!: :!:

Guest Wavelength

It depends TBH.Certain teams are mad physical and high pressure with some sort of high line can kill a less physical team.I do think it's a bit unrealistic the way they can maintain it for 90mins, energy bars should be depleated in the latter stages of a match.There's a difference between high pressure and nutters that just hold pressure for long periods.I like the way they realise that flicks need to be controled, I hate the unecessary ones.Also sounds like they know defending through balls needs to be adjusted.But I hope they tweak player intelligence off the ball, bare times my own players block my passes or run into my space.

It depends TBH.Certain teams are mad physical and high pressure with some sort of high line can kill a less physical team.I do think it's a bit unrealistic the way they can maintain it for 90mins, energy bars should be depleated in the latter stages of a match.There's a difference between high pressure and nutters that just hold pressure for long periods.I like the way they realise that flicks need to be controled, I hate the unecessary ones.Also sounds like they know defending through balls needs to be adjusted.But I hope they tweak player intelligence off the ball, bare times my own players block my passes or run into my space.
c/s all of this especially the parts in red _______>>>>>>>> being infront of goal, someone plays you the ball, you press shoot and the player comes out with some next backheel straight to the goalie.

c/s all of this especially the parts in red _______>>>>>>>> being infront of goal, someone plays you the ball, you press shoot and the player comes out with some next backheel straight to the goalie.
only happens if you shoot with out pressing a direction

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gameplay is the #1 priorityBegin the revamp of Manager ModeIn FIFA 09 the overall experience was strong, but still featuring some frustrations.The aim is 30% innovation, 70% refinement.Fourth year with this engine• Cutting edge• Detail driven• Critical areas improved• Becoming hard to improve furtherRefining fundamentals• Urgency○ New urgency AI Logic, understands threat○ New face-ball logic, so players look at ball and positioning○ Space threat – players will watch the runs of the opponent as well as any dangers such as gaps in defence• Trapping○ More realistic, less like magical touch○ Removed impossible trap animations○ Improved trapping intelligence, how players react and respond• Positioning of players○ Improved defensive awareness – postion priority logic balance on player attributes○ Improved balance – players swap positions and cover for each other○ Improved attacking mentality of AI players – no more useless straight line runs• Passing○ Halved the time that the ball is in motion when passing○ Physics tweaked to improve feeling and fluidity○ Better space and threat analysis• Shooting○ Floatiness reduced○ Improved and fine tuned parameters of shooting (including Reynard and Magnus effects)○ Various set of parameters included this year depending on kick type• Defending○ Improved slide tackling, including balance, momentum and reach○ Timing becomes critical - longer to touch, easier to avoid○ Clearance logic, with more effort driven clearances○ Urgency and awareness, so that if a player’s out of position then someone will cover• Goalkeeping○ More aggressive○ More intelligent○ More urgent○ More responsive with more rushes and punches under pressureResponse to feedback• 280 million games played online• Lots of useful feedbackFrustrations• Balance of teams and tactics• Lofted through balls constantly sparking attacks• Goalkeepers, exploits and behaviour• Movement – run animations• Shooting – ball physics and too many shots hitting the post• Rules – offsides and advantages not quite rightRequests• Practice arena improvements• Manager Mode improvements• Continuous play including quick free-kicksRemoved scripted sequences• Carding was too predictable in the past• Warnings (must stay focused on the screen to see all outcomes)• Quick free-kicks addedInnovationsChange the way the game is played• 360° Dribbling - first sports game to include 360° dribbling○ Now you have the ability to spot gaps and run through them○ You can modify the direction of running subtly○ You can quickly place the ball on the preferred foot• Skilled Dribbling system○ Close control for more intricate, more subtle and faster movements• New netsManager Mode in FIFA 09• Disappointing• Unrealistic results• Authenticity issues• Broken transfer marketManager Mode in FIFA 10• Match realism○ Matches calculated on a minute to minute basis○ Significant fidelity○ Based on team strengths and weaknesses○ Much more realistic results• Authentic transfers○ Based on prestige, experience, squad, manager experience/reputation○ Competition from other clubs when signing players○ Significant improvements in club AI• Believable player growth○ Player growth based on age, performance and amount of games played• Surrounding football world realism○ Importance of each fixture○ AI has its own strategy depending on the opposition○ Squad rotation by AI depending on importance of fixture