If you thought Head, Shoulders was a one-hit wonder ting...

Numero001

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KIG got 60 bags between 4 of them, plus PAs, plus publishingThey did fine.
You should know video & promo cuts alot into that, plus whoever made the tune and managers, Donae'o getting a cut from the remix etc etc.Going on like boom, they got it tax free.People thinking like 14 year old kids on here.smh

They got handed a cheque for 60k. They didn't have to then hand any of it back to pay for anything. It was all recoupable.Plus PAs. Plus publishing.
they aint exactly balling though 1/2 of those a year and they live nice but if it is a 1 hit wonder then marcus is right they will all be broke next yearcoz what 20-30k in london thats just an average years wage.

They got handed a cheque for 60k. They didn't have to then hand any of it back to pay for anything. It was all recoupable.Plus PAs. Plus publishing.
I don't believe this.Managers cut. video etc etc.You actually think they'll let some new people who they only signed a singles deal, pay for their vid for free (granted they get alot of sales)???Yeah they'll get money for airplay, but doubt they'll raise tons.£1 * say 30000 = £30000. Now split this, say £19000-£30000ish for video, pressing & distribution,record label profit, PRS three way, etc etc etc.Don't make sense.

I don't believe this.Managers cut. video etc etc.You actually think they'll let some new people who they only signed a singles deal, pay for their vid for free (granted they get alot of sales)???Yeah they'll get money for airplay, but doubt they'll raise tons.£1 * say 30000 = £30000. Now split this, say £19000-£30000ish for video, pressing & distribution,record label profit, PRS three way, etc etc etc.Don't make sense.
Argggghhhhhhhhhh shut da f*ck up man. If he says it was an advance they dont have to pay back then guess what? They dont have to pay it back. Not every advance is the same man, sh*t. How you know they never had money set aside to pay for all what youre talking about? The deal coulda been for 1,000,000 and from that KIG got given a 60k "Here you go mate, take that and we'll handle the rest cos no other label is gonna do that." From what I know, a lot of other AAW projects got dashed to the side for this project, so they put money into this.Saying that, the deal sounds niiiiiiiiiiiiice

LOL @ people saying "60k between 4 man aint alot" like £15k isn't a life changing amount of money for a young man. Typical negative British behaviour. As for those talking about the influx of MC based funky records, so what? so what if yutes are all rushing to make fun novelty records? whats the problem? music aint your baby, its a BUSINESS and these kids want in. This aint F1 where a few people at the top pick and choose who shines. music = football and anyone with a ball and 2 jumpers can play along.

LOL @ people saying "60k between 4 man aint alot" like £15k isn't a life changing amount of money for a young man. Typical negative British behaviour. As for those talking about the influx of MC based funky records, so what? so what if yutes are all rushing to make fun novelty records? whats the problem? music aint your baby, its a BUSINESS and these kids want in. This aint F1 where a few people at the top pick and choose who shines. music = football and anyone with a ball and 2 jumpers can play along.
c/sthis is why most of these roasting hungry idiots on here are so pissed at man like soulja boy. if soulja boy was british his dreams wouldve been killed by the same f*cknuts who call themselves his bredrins. such negative thinking and even when the person has done suttin they still need to try qualify it by convincing themselves that they will either be broke soon or that the p they made wasnt much. AND THAT ATTITUDE IS f*ck*ng DISGUSTING.SUCK UR MUDDAS

LOL @ people saying "60k between 4 man aint alot" like £15k isn't a life changing amount of money for a young man.
but what im saying is if they dont have another one of these lump sums in the next 12 months then 15k is f*ck all most people here who work full time earn more then that and will be earning in 2010,11 and so on......1 whip, couple garms, a holiday or two and thats 15k gone tbh

LOL @ people saying "60k between 4 man aint alot" like £15k isn't a life changing amount of money for a young man.
but what im saying is if they dont have another one of these lump sums in the next 12 months then 15k is f*ck all most people here who work full time earn more then that and will be earning in 2010,11 and so on......1 whip, couple garms, a holiday or two and thats 15k gone tbh
The average UK adult has about £8k in savings. LIFE SAVINGS. No matter what way you look at it, £15k is a life changing amount of money.If they never work again, then yes you are right - that will eventually go. However its already been said that they are doing PA's etc.Let them be, they are earning more money then a large % of the people on this forum.

its nice but unless your getting that cheque on a regs your f*ckedyou think them man are gnna invest that 15k or carry on making hits ?

I'm with Ice on this. 15k+royalties and PAs is baaaaaaare dough for a year no doubt. But you are in that funny level where you think you can ball, so you arent gonna buy a normal car like a Golf mark V top of the range with all the mod cons, your looking at an Audi, BM, Mercs type car 09 reg minimum. Then clothes have to be bought, creps, treat your mum and siblings with a little sutten, maybe your gyal, holiday... Then what happens next year? I mean K2 Family got good money (not sure on figures) for their tune in a day and age when records sold, had a flourishing business (no other barber could talk to K2 with the Dreamcast, widescreen TV, plush decor, sofa's and sh*t) yet still managed to spunk it on clubs and champers. Instead of pumping money into their shop, cashing in on the brand they built through the song, they thought they were artists, and chose to build a studio, shot their own garms, CDs etc., Couple years later owner wanted his shop back and turned it into a yard, they moved and I'm not even sure if they have the shop anymore.KIG need to make sure they invest/use the money wisely and dont get influenced by bredrins to splash out. Difference is them man are young and at least one of them is in Uni, so hopefully they dont go broke. Good luck to them though, cos they'll forever be known as setters and could have built a tune which will be played in dances for years to come

I'm with Ice on this. 15k+royalties and PAs is baaaaaaare dough for a year no doubt. But you are in that funny level where you think you can ball, so you arent gonna buy a normal car like a Golf mark V top of the range with all the mod cons, your looking at an Audi, BM, Mercs type car 09 reg minimum. Then clothes have to be bought, creps, treat your mum and siblings with a little sutten, maybe your gyal, holiday... Then what happens next year? I mean K2 Family got good money (not sure on figures) for their tune in a day and age when records sold, had a flourishing business (no other barber could talk to K2 with the Dreamcast, widescreen TV, plush decor, sofa's and sh*t) yet still managed to spunk it on clubs and champers. Instead of pumping money into their shop, cashing in on the brand they built through the song, they thought they were artists, and chose to build a studio, shot their own garms, CDs etc., Couple years later owner wanted his shop back and turned it into a yard, they moved and I'm not even sure if they have the shop anymore.KIG need to make sure they invest/use the money wisely and dont get influenced by bredrins to splash out. Difference is them man are young and at least one of them is in Uni, so hopefully they dont go broke. Good luck to them though, cos they'll forever be known as setters and could have built a tune which will be played in dances for years to come
shut ur batty mouth and do something with your life.

shut ur batty mouth and do something with your life.
Just cos you man march @ Clapham and have couple people in power doesnt mean I empathise with your unfortunate circumstances. And how I know your a fish? Bare man have said things about them yet you want to get my attention. Raging fag. I'm not down with them games

Didn't even know it was possible to go off beat with a 1 line flow.Don't understand how Miss Bratt has managed to sound worse than when i last heard her.This sh*t is one of the main things that put me off grime and now funky. Quality control is non existent, these DJs should be ashamed to claim the title 'DJ' when these are the artists they bring on/in.Not hating on anyone's success, just that it's f*cked when there are so many talented people out there who don't get the time of day.

c/sthis is why most of these roasting hungry idiots on here are so pissed at man like soulja boy. if soulja boy was british his dreams wouldve been killed by the same f*cknuts who call themselves his bredrins. such negative thinking and even when the person has done suttin they still need to try qualify it by convincing themselves that they will either be broke soon or that the p they made wasnt much. AND THAT ATTITUDE IS f*ck*ng DISGUSTING.SUCK UR MUDDAS
CO-SIGN THE REALEST TALK

Didn't even know it was possible to go off beat with a 1 line flow.Don't understand how Miss Bratt has managed to sound worse than when i last heard her.This sh*t is one of the main things that put me off grime and now funky. Quality control is non existent, these DJs should be ashamed to claim the title 'DJ' when these are the artists they bring on/in.Not hating on anyone's success, just that it's f*cked when there are so many talented people out there who don't get the time of day.
power co/sign all of this