FL STUDIO tricks and cheats?

Benjamin Disraeli

If you listen to Rnb and hip hop today the production is simple and low quality. It can all be done in FL.
:blink: Also, fruity's sequencer is all over the place, and very counter-productive.
But thats just preference. If you find FL hard to use, how hard is it going to be using Protools which is supposed to have far more features and functions?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aite put it this way, in logic i can freely move my recorded audio/midi in any position, as opposed to in fruity where its blocks
You can do that on FL too.
Exactly. So purecocaine youre wrong.So I ask again, can you give an example of something you can do in logic which you cant in FL?
fam lets be real, its far to deep to get into with youi am not the only one screamin logic >>>>>> fruityhow many "pro" studios have you been in?fruity loops is a good program for what is does but logic actully blows it out the water in terms of what you CAN doas i said i dont use fruity but Logic Pro >>> can record audio ,the Mixer views, Dual channel strips, Built-in browsers, The Arrange window consolidates edit and browser windows. Snap-to-transient selection, Precise editing in the Arrange window, True Surround plug-in support, da Back up ting, u can back up personal channel strip settings, plug-in settings, and key commands to your .Mac account for easy access from any computer connected to the Internet. Bucketloads of free plug-ins and effects, Can handle midi better than fl, graphical time stretching, and sample-accurate editing, an the most importent Anything FL can do, it can do

If you listen to Rnb and hip hop today the production is simple and low quality. It can all be done in FL.
:blink: Also, fruity's sequencer is all over the place, and very counter-productive.
But thats just preference. If you find FL hard to use, how hard is it going to be using Protools which is supposed to have far more features and functions?
Like u said, it's a preference, if u learn on a sequencer like cubase, you'll find it easier to pick up and use others such as pro tools, logic etc... For me, it's far too awkward coz i never learnt on it and i've never encountered another sequncer that works in the same way. If u learnt on it tho, it's perfectly capable of making the exact sound that any other VST - compatible program can. Also, can u manipulate audio in Fruity the same way u can in the others? Or is it more like Reason in that u have to load audio into software samplers and trigger it with MIDI?

oh by the way im not a hateri LEARNT how to make beats on fruity, an moved on to more complex things as my abilty changed, maybe ur just not at that point yet. but belive me wen i say u cant use fruity forever, an certainly not if ur thinkin of takin the music ting to a next leval

aite put it this way, in logic i can freely move my recorded audio/midi in any position, as opposed to in fruity where its blocks
You can do that on FL too.
Exactly. So purecocaine youre wrong.So I ask again, can you give an example of something you can do in logic which you cant in FL?
fam lets be real, its far to deep to get into with youi am not the only one screamin logic >>>>>> fruityhow many "pro" studios have you been in?fruity loops is a good program for what is does but logic actully blows it out the water in terms of what you CAN doas i said i dont use fruity but Logic Pro >>> can record audio ,the Mixer views, Dual channel strips, Built-in browsers, The Arrange window consolidates edit and browser windows. Snap-to-transient selection, Precise editing in the Arrange window, True Surround plug-in support, da Back up ting, u can back up personal channel strip settings, plug-in settings, and key commands to your .Mac account for easy access from any computer connected to the Internet. Bucketloads of free plug-ins and effects, Can handle midi better than fl, graphical time stretching, and sample-accurate editing, an the most importent Anything FL can do, it can do
I have been in a few pro studios. The thing is FL has got editing, timestretch, EQ, compressor etc. you can do things in different ways to get the same effect. So as I said its the end result that counts. Who uses surround sound? or why would you need graphical time stretch? Most people do not know how to use all the functions on FL or would they need to use them all therefore why use a program which you dont need?

oh by the way im not a hateri LEARNT how to make beats on fruity, an moved on to more complex things as my abilty changed, maybe ur just not at that point yet. but belive me wen i say u cant use fruity forever, an certainly not if ur thinkin of takin the music ting to a next leval
Do you own a professional studio then? Or are you just using a converted bedroom setup in your yard? I'm not being funny.Please list your equipment.

this whole argument is noog, cos certain man are talkin bout makin a good beat, n certain about production. you lot aren't actually seeing the same point and addressing it. but on a whole, PRODUCTION wise Logic eats fruity. MAKING A BEAT wise they can be fairly equal.

this whole argument is noog, cos certain man are talkin bout makin a good beat, n certain about production. you lot aren't actually seeing the same point and addressing it. but on a whole, PRODUCTION wise Logic eats fruity. MAKING A BEAT wise they can be fairly equal.
Do you mean production VS editing? FL studio is not a toy though it has got PRO specifications. 32 bit cd quality or higher.

lots of air talk in herei use Logic & Pro Toolsfirstly Pro Tools is not for f*ck*ng geniuses, its jus expensive and un crackable (mbox / digi 02 / digi 08 / hd driven)its best used for audio and only for making beats if you've got racks upon racks or outboard equipment, synths, drum machines and what notit aint a mind boggle, it jus replaced the tape machine in the modern day studioalso, whoever said Logic is sh*t for composition :/wat? thats wot its forideally u dont wanna be jus using the standard sounds... but if you do, there's sh*t loads, and if u got the paper and Kontakt (for instance), instrument plugs work a dreamaside from all of that the one to watch out for (PC USERS) is Nuendotrust, download it, get to work.the plugs on it are very very good, much warmer than that of Logicand thats coming from Mac Users i kno.not jus Mac fans, guys that have built studios, editing suites and livelihoods on Mac foundationshope that of some helpcant speak on fruity... but a part of me has always wanted to dabble based on how many fave tracks of mine were prolly made on it

Do you own a professional studio then? Or are you just using a converted bedroom setup in your yard? I'm not being funny.Please list your equipment.
i do not own a studio, but this studio and others of the same standed is what i f*ck wid, long 4 listin equipment just no dats a SSL desk wid a g5 an logic runnin on dat hd tingn81060028658893943475.jpg

i do not own a studio, but this studio and others of the same standed is what i f*ck wid, long 4 listin equipment just no dats a SSL desk wid a g5 an logic runnin on dat hd tingn81060028658893943475.jpg
So you just pay to use a pro studio basically?

So you just pay to use a pro studio basically?
no, ive been workin in studios since 15, family ting