Allardyce 'Rafa disrespected me'

Flojo

Sir Alex Ferguson has used Manchester United's FA Cup semi-final clash with Everton to renew his war of words with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.Ferguson and Benitez have been verbally sparring since January when Benitez hit out at how his rival treats referees.Ahead of Sunday's Wembley tie, Ferguson gave a withering assessment of the way that Benitez once described Everton."Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said," said the Old Trafford boss.Ferguson also spoke out about the way Benitez appeared to dismiss Blackburn once Liverpool scored their second goal in their 4-0 win on Saturday."Arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed Sam Allardyce last weekend," Ferguson added."When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that."Sam has worked so hard for the LMA (League Managers' Association) and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt."In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."Allardyce, preparing his team for a visit to Stoke this weekend, expressed his displeasure with Benitez, describing his actions as "unfortunate gestures after Liverpool's second goal".The Blackburn boss saw the incident as "pretty dismissive to me and Blackburn - disrespectful and quite humiliating".Allardyce added: "The game is hard enough without a fellow manager making an undermining gesture."Following Liverpool's victory over Rovers, the Reds temporarily sat at the summit of the Premier League ahead of United, with Benitez claiming Ferguson was "nervous".However, the Red Devils bounced back to defeat Sunderland 2-1 thanks to a late Federico Macheda winner, helping them to return to top spot with seven games remaining - one more than Liverpool.After being dumped out of the Champions League by Chelsea in midweek, Liverpool's next league game is against Arsenal on Tuesday, while United play Portsmouth the following day.
Ferguson Press conferenceAllardyce Press conferenceI have been creasing at this for time, talk about clutching at straws.Clearly Rafa was the subject of the pillow talk between these two this week.The gif in my sig is what its about.

Saw this on SSN - seems weird SAF's bringing it up now.But that Everton quote from Rafa is one that annoyed alot of football fans though.
That comment was blown out of proportion as he didn't call them a small club, it was down to his poor English at the time.For Ferguson to bring it up now is funny cos when you consider what he said about Rafa answering a question about him the other week.

And just to clarify, Benitez had been shouting at Alonso to do something specific with the free kick before we scored but didn't get his message across in time, Alonso took the free kick anyway and Torres scored so the gesture was kinda like 'Never mind doesn't matter what I was gonna say'.

What I don't understand this is the start of some sh*t rivalry next its gonna be "he looked at me funny so we're not coming out for the second half" or "I want to complain to the FA 'cause he stirred his tea anti-clockwise and everyone knows that liquids swirl anti-clockwise south of the equator and 'south of the equator' is a metaphor for below the belt and directly below the belt is my .......... effectively he was calling me a d*ck very VERY subtley."