OFFICIAL CAR/DRIVING TOPIC

Frank White

skeen.. so it's now illegal to sell a car with tax. why was this new law so quiet?

whats worse is when you buy a car and if it has 12months tax you wont be able to use you'd have to buy a new one.

these conservatives in the dvla are the biggest fucking thieves on earth if this bullshit happened in any other country you'd see mass riots

Shell V+ every time now

Got the childish 3 door S3 as mentioned above though...

Compared to when I first got the car, to putting a few tanks of v+ through it, I can blatently tell the diff...fuel economy up, performance was a next level (long story as to why that's a "why" and not "is"), although hittin the loud pedal makes me wince when I see single figures MPG on the dash, but hittin that section of the road where two lanes go into one first makes it all worthwhile

Been saying this for years if you think the s3 is economical then the Audi quat 4x4 is on another planet never leaving audi again.

Shell V+ every time now

Compared to when I first got the car, to putting a few tanks of v+ through it, I can blatently tell the diff...fuel economy up, performance was a next level (long story as to why that's a "why" and not "is"), although hittin the loud pedal makes me wince when I see single figures MPG on the dash, but hittin that section of the road where two lanes go into one first makes it all worthwhile

Been saying this for years if you think the s3 is economical then the Audi quat 4x4 is on another planet never leaving audi again.

lol...economical as in averaging 15MPG around town, down to 8/9MPG during the traffic light sprints.

the grip of the 4x4 though....I shouldn't be going round tight corners at the speed I can, tbh....when I first got whip, I was actually debating whether it was too much car for me...I've had to up my thinking speed to a next level cos things are just happening in a blur. Getting re-remapped at the end of the month...woooooooooooii!!

Shell V+ every time now

lol...economical as in averaging 15MPG around town, down to 8/9MPG during the traffic light sprints.

the grip of the 4x4 though....I shouldn't be going round tight corners at the speed I can, tbh....when I first got whip, I was actually debating whether it was too much car for me...I've had to up my thinking speed to a next level cos things are just happening in a blur. Getting re-remapped at the end of the month...woooooooooooii!!

you kinda answered your own question obvs around town its poor mpg especially traffic light sprints vshell isnt for town/city driving its most effective on motorway journeys

tbh i dont see the point of a remap in the city you have enough power as it is which u probably dont even use its full power and remap doesnt improve efficiency thats a fallacy

how much you payin for the remap anyway? and ruz is right u'll  burn the clutch out in no time + added strain on gearbox if you drive like a clown with the remap

Shell V+ every time now

you kinda answered your own question obvs around town its poor mpg especially traffic light sprints vshell isnt for town/city driving its most effective on motorway journeys

tbh i dont see the point of a remap in the city you have enough power as it is which u probably dont even use its full power and remap doesnt improve efficiency thats a fallacy

how much you payin for the remap anyway? and ruz is right u'll  burn the clutch out in no time + added strain on gearbox if you drive like a clown with the remap

Fuel economy wasnt on my list of requirements when I copped the car, otherwise I would have got another diesel engine (even then I dont believe that is as clear cut anymore)

as for gearbox n clutch...things break...I drop the pee n they get fixed

When I first got the whip, it was mapped, I wasn't sure for certain as I had no benchmark, but had my suspicions. Took it for a semi service n when I picked it up, they told me about some "low fuel" error code they spent time trying to get rid of. Anyway driving home n it seemed like the car was half the beast it was previously. So im guessin during the process of trying to get rid of the error they must ave wiped whatever wss on there n I have no proof of what was before but I feel "down on power" psychologically even though its prob standard now. So I need to get back to my happy place

Paying about £390 for the map

I am suspicious of Any map under £500.

They chuck a bog standard map on your ecu which can be done in the space of 5mins Max.

This type of map might give you extra poke but it is shit for your car because its not tailor made, therefore it puts pressure on other components which leads to failure and also SHIT fuel economy. I know this because I went and bought one of these maps for my previous whips and although it was quicker, overall it had a negative impact.

You wanna get a proper remap where the car is put on a rolling road, and the map customised for your car and the current mods you have.

And also diesels and turbo charged cars have the best response to remaps.

how many are on finance? if you wanted to switch cars do you have to pay out the remaining lease? and once the overall price is done how much difference would have been for a used car including admin/interest

Depends on soooo many factors, usually they will however use the car, but most importantly its about if your staying with them lol.

Don't get the last bit of the question.

The S3 saloon auto is about £350 a month finance, but there is about a 3 month wait.

Tell me mooooore

How many years? Is that outright purchase at the end or lump sum required?

3 years and its on Audi Solutions, so at the end keep the car and pay the balloon or give it in and take a new one...

The S3 saloon auto is about £350 a month finance, but there is about a 3 month wait.

Tell me mooooore

How many years? Is that outright purchase at the end or lump sum required?

3 years and its on Audi Solutions, so at the end keep the car and pay the balloon or give it in and take a new one...

That sounds alright

How Much deposit?