OFFICIAL CAR/DRIVING TOPIC

Frank White

how long does it take to change brake pads?

I've bought the parts, just need someone to put them on and was wondering if it could be done before I go to work

hour i'd say.

literally jacking car, unbolting wheels, 3/4 bolts on the pad.

repeat for however many wheels.

will be much quicker if taken to garage as opposed to someone working from home

• Upvote 1

how long does it take to change brake pads?

I've bought the parts, just need someone to put them on and was wondering if it could be done before I go to work

hour i'd say.

literally jacking car, unbolting wheels, 3/4 bolts on the pad.

repeat for however many wheels.

will be much quicker if taken to garage as opposed to someone working from home

safe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moneysupermarket is much better than go compare IMO. On your quotes put an older down as a second driver aswell, someone who has held their license awhile, no crashes in the past 5 years and if possible a female.

But TBH i'm hearing people getting quoted at 17/18 getting 2k quotes on 1.2 engine so boy.

Managed to get it down to around 3 bags with my dad as named driver, still think thats overpriced though

and for some strange reason its saying fully comp is cheaper than 3rd party lol

/

Just clocked the 3bag quote was for one of those policies where they fit a milage tracker to your car, deaaaad

I brought a brand new polo, the insurance for the year was £798, fully comp, 1 years no claims and 1 claim on my insurance. Decided to try insure the car in my friends name, exact same details except he was male, the insurance for him was over £2000. I generally feel sorry for guys when it comes to insurance biggest piss take ever.

I brought a brand new polo, the insurance for the year was £798, fully comp, 1 years no claims and 1 claim on my insurance. Decided to try insure the car in my friends name, exact same details except he was male, the insurance for him was over £2000. I generally feel sorry for guys when it comes to insurance biggest piss take ever.

Going to be the same for both genders soon apparently.

Doesn't matter how old you are at the moment the premiums are high for everyone its just another piss take like fuel prices

if you want low insurance dont go to them comparison sites coz they wont do sh*t for you. You need to find a cowboy broker they will find you the best deal