How highly do you rate Andreas Iniesta

n/a

Ive said it numerous times:The best central attacking midfielder in the world.The guy is unstoppable when he has the ball at his feet.. Hes the only guy who comes close to Messi with the dribbling tacticsMakes the game look so easy on the eye and knows how to get past players without using much pace.. Drop of the shoulder and he's gone

fabregas>iniestapmslswear it was me vs everyone 3 years ago

fabregas>iniestapmslswear it was me vs everyone 3 years ago
:mellow:
alieice beg u find itim sure I said iniestaremember saying that
Not even having this. Moretime I bly his talk but this... nah.Not even a joketing Im sure I dont even need to prove nothing but I been screaming Iniesta from the EARLIEST, and I dont wanna noone say nothing.(Discalaimer - Yes I took this to heart)

when i typed iniesta onto the old vipi allow you as you were rating him same time as meBUTif you type in rwdmag forums iniesta into google im 90% the quote is meas the words used and the way its typed has to me "iniesta is f*ck*ng cold better then fab and ive been saying it since last season ..."also on old vp2 i come like mystic meg jeeeeeeeez

I rate him very highly.I enjoy watching him. His attributes are first class & he's a genius. And he's still only 23 i think.I remember when Frank Rijkaard said Iniesta's passing ability is "Like watching somebody hand out sweets"He will be the best player in the world.

• 6 years later...

if in the champions league era 1993+ 

R9

Messi

Zidane

Ronaldinho

Cristiano Ronaldo 

Xavi

are the measuring stick

then he is immeasurable

only man out of those listed about to show up in every major final he has played in and contributed in the big games leading to the final (semis)

his first major final

CL 2006

Henry told Sky Sports: 'I saw him up close playing with him, but he also changed the game when he came on and played us in 2006, he destroyed us and won that final for them (Barcelona).

Euro 2008 his first international final, also never knew the stat underneath

Iniesta – 8 Perhaps his best performance at the Euros. Caused the Germans problems all night with his jinking runs, and intelligent reverse passes. Outstanding.

At Euro 2008, he was the only Spanish player to start every game, winning the man-of-the-match award in the semi-final.

Champions League final and semi 2009

this got them there 

IniestaGoalagainstChelsea.gif?t=13909925

then....

"Whatever you do, don't shoot." That was the instruction to Andres Iniesta from club doctors in Rome when Barcelona and Manchester United contested the 2009 Champions League final.

The man whose injury-time shot in the semi-final against Chelsea had propelled Barça to their second final in four years was injured for the deciding game but such was his importance that he played 90 minutes trying not to overstretch the right thigh muscle that had sustained a two centimetre tear two weeks before the game in Rome.

"I told my father that if it meant playing with a hole in the leg I would be on the pitch to start the game," he says, recalling how he was determined not to miss another final after being named among the substitutes against Arsenal in Paris in 2006.

"We all knew the risks we were running with me being in the side but we decided to gamble; even in the second half when they told me that I could not shoot at goal because there were signs that I had injured the same muscle. They said I was OK to play short passes and to sprint and with that you can play football."

Far from being a passenger, Iniesta was one of Barcelona's best performers in their 2-0 win, running the midfield and playing the pass that undid Sir Alex Ferguson's side after they had made an excellent start.

"Looking back at the game I still think that in the first 10 minutes Manchester United started so strongly and had a chance to take the lead. But once we scored we were able to play our football and we controlled the game.

"I remember, it was a very quick move for the goal. I controlled the ball and played a quick pass. It left two of their players out of position and I got the ball to Samuel [Eto'o] and he scored a great goal."

2010 World cup final

G_o_a_l_Andres_Iniesta_by_DaShiR.gif

Champions League final 2011

This was his worst final performance, grabbed an assist for the winning goal, dominated united's midfield, had the most shots on target, most pass combinations with over 4 times the amount of united highest and his avg rating was 8/10 

Euro 2012 final

Picked up the official Man of the Match to go with his player of the tournament and his winners medal, no need for quotes.

Champions League final 2015.

Another official Man of the Match, still fresh in everyone's head so again no need for reminders but ill leave this quote

The Spain midfielder became the first player to provide an assist in three different Champions League finals when he played the pass that Ivan Rakitic hit past Gianluigi Buffon 

Yh but unlike any other player he has showed up with a man if the match or top 3 selected performance in every final he has played in.

Has contributed in all 7 out of 7 finals champions leagues and world cups not domestic

Xavi has gone missing a couple times

R9 there was 98

And zidane got marked out of a final by lambert

He is undisputed none compare to him when it matters