Drake

JLovely

Decent..

I like every track minus Unforgettable, Thank Me Now, the Dream track and Cece's interlude was pointless.

Not usually a fan of Nicky, find her quite annoying but she came harder than Drake. Love the switch up on Fancy, T.I sounded gay though.

Jigga took me back..verse was too sick.

Find your love was a grower for me.

6/10 far from a classic, but easy listening.

• Downvote 3

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent..

I like every track minus Unforgettable, Thank Me Now, the Dream track and Cece's interlude was pointless.

Not usually a fan of Nicky, find her quite annoying but she came harder than Drake. Love the switch up on Fancy, T.I sounded gay though.

You didn't like the track with Jeezy? Seriously!?

Decent..

You didn't like the track with Jeezy? Seriously!?

Seriously. My opinion is obviously of the minority here, but it just wasn't that great, infact to me it was the opposite to the song title.

Erm I'm seeing people on twitter talking about projected 1st week sales of 475k

Accurate. It did 477k. I thought it would have done a whole lot more, but I guess it's because he's a new artist. Even still, I thought he would have done more

Drake: Well I think the thing is that people get confused between the music and moment. I think that’s the biggest thing that causes people to say, “Oh, Drake has changed.” The music that’s on Thank Me Later is very eclectic and is a unique brand of music and it is still our sound. We went with a very unconventional creative method. I think the reason that people hold So Far Gone in such high regard is because it was their first time hearing that sound. First of all the sound the way it came out was very accessible, which to a lot of people that was an innovative approach. And then not only that, a lot of people that had never heard me rap, and a lot of people had never heard 40’s (Noah “40” Shebib) production, or they had never heard the music we chose to flip. It was very much the moment, you know, and it was something new, and I think that is always more exciting. I think that as you gradually become more and more familiar with someone they become less and less exciting, they can still make great music, but the music and the moment is what people get confused. I still believe strongly in Thank Me Later as an album.

Drake has disappointed me for this album man. I know it's important to express your true emotions on the track but this guy is so rigid and limuted man. Cant just spit about moist sh*t all the time. As soon as I heard over i knew this album wouldnt be a classic, but i think Drake can produce a classic album. He has to go harder with the bars, as I've heard him do before. Some of the lyrics on this album are embarssing. Overall , its still a solid album, but he really sold himself short.

• Upvote 2