Drake

JLovely

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loool

Vip2 came through together to prove Element wrong

Philly never really got on, prove me wrong?

Freeway is a backpack rapper now and Beanie gets shot in the hood. Jay left them in the wilderness with the rest of the 'Philly wave'.

Cassidy flopped. Had 2.5 hits and got sucked back to the streets.

State Property never stood a chance with Dame. G-Unit's rise kept the focus on New York, same with the Dips. Then the Smack/Cocaine City era hit and New York had it's second coming - Philly was of passing interest. The hunger was all that stood out, the 'boars' were never all that.

LOL @ someone mentioning Joey Jihad - turning up to dusty freestyles and getting knocked out. These guys all stink of their hoods.

Philly is known for dust and big beards. Meek trying to shine seems so forced, and his thing with Nicki seems even more forced.

Appearing on DVDs is all Nicki and Meek have in common. One of them is a superstar the other is a well dressed feature rapper who is having a fairly good run, but seems to be overdoing it a bit.

Beans knew the sad truth of the game after he got in, that's why he never got off the streets fully. Meek is the same, he's got mandem in the hood who he's gonna have to be breaking bread with for the foreseeable future. Expect disgruntled emplyees to start popping up on ForbezDVD complaining to M-Reck that Meek spends more on Nicki than his niggas.

In 5 years he'll be irrelevant.

LOLOLOL @ 2 pages of man posting their personal favourites and dusty freestyle videos.

Not one bit of that demonstrates anyone 'going clear'.

All of these post-50 Cent 'rags to riches' rappers are proper sh*t when you check it. All of them rap about the struggle (badly) and finally making it - then they fail to do anything once there.

If 50 can go broke best believe Meek will. Drake is on a completely different level, and he is in a position to put his city on in a way that Meek couldn't ever dream of doing. The talent is there in Toronto and it's actually adapting to the OVO sound organically. Look at what Drake does with international artists like Sampha, James Blake, SBTRKT, Skeppy, Wizkid, Sneakbo, Popcaan etc. He's a cultural icon and connects the dots in a mad way.

Philly rappers have always sounded like the struggle, Meek hasn't changed the 'sound' in his city - he's just adapted Ross and Khaled's 'inspiration rap' formula. Toronto has its own lane thanks to Drake - and 40.

And Drake is actually the geographical underdog in this. Nobody from Toronto has ever engaged in a beef like this. This is America vs another country at something - so that's why I say Toronto >>> Philly.

London and Toronto are distant cousins - I'm siding with the guy who uses words like boas'y and wassy.

I don't rate any Philly rappers tbh, all boring one dimensional street battle rappers with generic punchlines and no substance.

This was your original point

Dunno where all this gone clear talk come from.

O ye it was you tryna validate your argument

that post is bullshit

drake just attaches himself to shit thats hot in the streets

shown by his ar-ab shout out. he doesn't know he will get extorted like j-prince extorts him if he brings obh around ovo

guy is a kid that grew up in mansion who once he went clear started attaching himself to sleaze bags from the hood. j-prince/baby. proper lame. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't rate any Philly rappers tbh, all boring one dimensional street battle rappers with generic punchlines and no substance.

Bruv moretime you type in all lowercase and in less than three lines of text, so I don't expect you to understand how an argument is constructed on a discussion forum.

It's cool though, my point stands. Philly produces identikit row-house struggle rappers.

Bruv moretime you type in all lowercase and in less than three lines of text, so I don't expect you to understand how an argument is constructed on a discussion forum.

It's cool though, my point stands. Philly produces identikit row-house struggle rappers.

Look what you've got me doing, I'm in here c/s jubez

You said philly rappers are one dimensional

Beans, Ar-ab and Dark to say 3 are not one dimensional

You are clearly generalising based off a couple videos you saw

The best analysis thusfar.

Meek brought this on himself with his defensive underdog struggle mindset. The duppies in Nicki's box are coming back to haunt his ego.

My Ex asked where you going ...

.....I said on to better things.

Credit QM

Drake was a swagless bum before so far gone and weezy. When Meek was dropping flamerz 

/element 

What's wrong with that

What's wrong with that bruh

I've done the knowledge in beats rhymes and life

So wait, what subjects do Dark Lo and Ar-Ab cover?

Trapping?

Gunplay?

Street-tales?

'What you know 'bout XXXXX'

The struggle?

That is one dimension. Don't gas.