Drake

JLovely

The thing I rate about Drake is that he's got that 90's aura. Especially when he's singing. You can hear a strong Jon B influence (anyone agree or said this another thread?)I initially thought his rapping was anything. Then, the more I listened the more I realised he has got IT.Wise wirds from a decent manBack when I was tryin to put a ring on Alisha handThis Lost Boy got fly without Peter PanAnd my delivery just got me buzzin like the Pizza ManYes!Delivery... TICKflow... TICKWordplay... TICK+I can definitely see why 'Best I Ever Had' is doing what it's doing as it's a 2009 sort of track (beat wise). On 'So Far Gone' I preferred...Lust For LifeHoustatlantavegasSuccessfulNovemeber 18thIgnant sh*t Wayne kills this and I don't rate him as high as most.A Night OffSay What's RealSooner Than LaterBrand Newover 'Best I Ever Had.' The ones in bold are especially f*cked.+All in all, I think this guy can carry popular RnB by himself if he wants.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you dun concerts doesnt mean you got star quality, it just means your music is strong and people know it...Drake is connecting right now musically, so props to him, but I lost interest in him as a person already.Some people might not get what I mean, but I just feel like when he has to do his REAL media run and its more about him than his music, will be the real test of his star quality, but to me he too regular.

Also I'm check them Billboard positions cos I cant front they too good for me to believe wityhout seeing...
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...0&g=SinglesRight there for you to see.Hip-Hop Since 1978 Management & Kyambo 'Hip-Hop' Joshua GET IT IN. I remember wanting to intern with them at one point.Kanye WestLil' WayneDrake

Drake is such a hot artist that one of his albums is selling even though he didn't release it.An unauthorized album, "The Girls Love Drake," which features selections from the Toronto rapper's mixtape "So Far Gone" and other tracks, was released May 28th by a label called Canadian Money Entertainment and distributed by the Independent Online Distribution Alliance (IODA) on iTunes, Rhapsody and Amazon. Drake's camp, which is still trying to clear the samples on "So Far Gone" and his two other mixtapes in hopes of selling them in stores, says it didn't authorize the release.If it hadn't been disqualified on the grounds that it wasn't confirmed as being an official album, "The Girls Love Drake" would have debuted this week at No. 101 on the Billboard 200, No. 16 on the Digital Albums chart and No. 1 on the Heatseekers tally. "Best I Ever Had" and "Every Girl" (credited to Young Money), two tracks on the mixtape that have previously charted, appear on this week's Hot Digital Songs chart thanks to downloads of "The Girls Love Drake." Additionally, "Best I Ever Had" jumps 60-18 on the Billboard 200, while "Every Girl" leaps 75-35, although chart experts predict they will both drop again once the unofficial album is no longer available.After finding the album on iTunes, Drake's management sent a cease-and-desist notice to the retailer, which has since removed it. At press time, the album was still available on Rhapsody and Amazon, although Drake's manager Al Branch says he's having it removed from these retailers as well. "This is a straight bootleg, a scandal. We are behind promoting records at radio, but haven't sold it," Al Branch, Drake's manager, tells Billboard.com. "iTunes' position is that they are a store and they stock everything. They have a waiver and as long as people sign it and are responsible for the product they submit, then they go for it." Branch also says that Drake plans to file a lawsuit against Canadian Money Entertainment, which he says isn't in connection with Drake or Young Money, the Lil Wayne-owned label that Drake is affiliated with. Drake is currently the subject of a major label bidding war and is close to signing with Universal Motown.Peter Greenwood, the founder of Canadian Money Entertainment, says the company has been releasing mixtapes for unsigned artists since 2003 and their purposes in releasing "The Girls Love Drake" was never ill-intended. "'The Girls Love Drake' was just a combination of new and old songs that we had been promoting on the underground scene for the last six months and so we wanted to get more exposure for it on the net," he says. "Breaking him in the states along with other Toronto artists has always been our goal. Drake is our hometown hero."Branch is concerned that Young Money or October's Own, Drake's label, could be sued since the samples on the mixtapes, which include beats on albums by David Banner, Goapele and Colun Munroe, haven't been cleared. But Greenwood says that he was unaware of the legalities of selling a mixtape on iTunes. "There were tracks produced for other artists thatDrake rapped over that were not cleared. While some songs were original, this was meant to be an underground project and not a major release," he says. "We tried to get the project out through a new platform on the digital level, but we were stopped before we could get started because mixtapes are not allowed on that level." Moving forward, Greenwood says he will continue to promote his mixtapes the traditional, offline route, and if a lawsuit does indeed come his way he plans to deal with it head on.

That Mary J Song is perfect for Drake to bring himself in!the best thing he can do is do what wayne done and get as many features as possible to build his hype up even more really@Afroman I aint trying to change your view but i dont see what there isnt to like about the guy hes very versatile type of guy man i personally think hes Ill but fair enough you dont understand the hype thats your opinion stil but give him a chance and listen to as much stuff as you and this goes for every one else who doesnt 'understand' the hype!

not feeling this drake hype tbh
yuh huhthink his good an all and can understand the hypebut i dont agree with it
Thats it Jules! Safe, I didn't know how to articulate myself.I'm officially off the wave. *Comes to shore and breaks surfboard*Man is crooning like Johnny Gill FFS.