Drake

JLovely

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
LMAO LONG NECK DRAKE. LMAO I GOT 2 MUSTACHE'S OVER MY EYES DRAKE. LMAO I LOST A $7K WATCH ON A DICE GAME WE WEREN'T EVEN PLAYIN PROPERLY DRAKE. LMAO I DO WEIRD sh*t WITH MY OFF HAND WHEN I'M HOLDIN THE MIC PERFORMING DRAKE. LMAO IMMA COPY KANYE'S STAGE SWAGG TILL I MAKE IT DRAKE.

LMAO LONG NECK DRAKE. LMAO I GOT 2 MUSTACHE'S OVER MY EYES DRAKE. LMAO I LOST A $7K WATCH ON A DICE GAME WE WEREN'T EVEN PLAYIN PROPERLY DRAKE. LMAO I DO WEIRD sh*t WITH MY OFF HAND WHEN I'M HOLDIN THE MIC PERFORMING DRAKE. LMAO IMMA COPY KANYE'S STAGE SWAGG TILL I MAKE IT DRAKE.
:lol::lol:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...Uo4SyR5X8YcLW2eLMAO/
Looks like Universal was the victor in the bidding war for Drake after all.While sources close to the deal predicted Universal Motown was the closest to snagging him, the Toronto-born rapper officially signed to Young Money with distribution through another Universal label -- Universal Republic -- yesterday (June 29). His debut album, "Thank Me Later," with reported collaborations with Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z, is slated for a late 2009 release."Just know that whatever label we sign to it'll be because they'll add to what we've created on our own," Drake, told Billboard.com last month. "I am very happy in my situation now, which is signed to Cortez [bryant] and Gee Roberson at Young Money and management through 'Hip Hop Since 1978.' The most important thing for me is being around my team - they are stronger than any label."This summer, look for Drake on tour with Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy Tell'em as part of the "Young Money Presents: Americas Most Wanted Music Festival" trek.
Not surprised. Going the independent route right now wasn't realistic, because majors still got all the marketing sh*t on lock really, but with this type of deal, it's moving in that direction. Jay-Z is doing something similar with Roc Nation & Sony...

I was meant to post that the other day. I'm so happy that he is on Universal. I love UniversalIsn't Jay Roc Nation and Warner?
As previously reported, Jay-Z has inked a distribution deal with Sony for his Roc Nation label, the Brooklyn-born rapper confirmed to Billboard last week."Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," Jay-Z told Billboard.com on Friday (June 29).As for the deal he recently signed with Atlantic, he clarifies that it is a one-off situation for his upcoming album, "Blueprint 3," slated for a September 11th release."That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he says. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."Jay-Z also told Billboard he originally approached Def Jam with the same distribution deal idea four years ago, but was shut down. "You have to figure, this is like four years ago, and to them it was just like, 'Are you crazy? No! Make a song!'" he said. "To me it was like, I've sold companies for huge amounts of money. I'm an entrepreneur -- that's what I've been all my life. I can't just sit here and make records and not do anything else. Why wouldn't you want to do this with me? I felt under-utilized."When his Def Jam contract was nearing expiration and he had one last album to release with the label (in this case, "Blueprint 3"), Jay-Z opted to buy himself out of the contract for a reportedly $5 million price tag.In related news, Jay-Z, who performed during this year's BET Awards on Sunday (June 28) released the video to his "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-tune)" video after the show, as part of BET's post show. The clip features guest appearances from Lyor Cohen, head of Warner Music Group which houses Atlantic Records, basketball player Lebron James and actor Harvey Keitel.
Roc Nation is Sony, Blueprint 3 will be Atlantic./Drake's management will be 'Hip-Hop Since 1978' which basically means: Quality album + well-executed release.

Why do you love Universalyeah i thought Jay was with atlantic/waner back with Lyor
Well I prefer them to Sony at this precise moment. It seems like Sony dont want any authentic urban artists, so I wouldnt have been surprised if they made him put out some utter garbage. I like Warner as well
I was meant to post that the other day. I'm so happy that he is on Universal. I love UniversalIsn't Jay Roc Nation and Warner?
As previously reported, Jay-Z has inked a distribution deal with Sony for his Roc Nation label, the Brooklyn-born rapper confirmed to Billboard last week."Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," Jay-Z told Billboard.com on Friday (June 29).As for the deal he recently signed with Atlantic, he clarifies that it is a one-off situation for his upcoming album, "Blueprint 3," slated for a September 11th release."That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he says. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."Jay-Z also told Billboard he originally approached Def Jam with the same distribution deal idea four years ago, but was shut down. "You have to figure, this is like four years ago, and to them it was just like, 'Are you crazy? No! Make a song!'" he said. "To me it was like, I've sold companies for huge amounts of money. I'm an entrepreneur -- that's what I've been all my life. I can't just sit here and make records and not do anything else. Why wouldn't you want to do this with me? I felt under-utilized."When his Def Jam contract was nearing expiration and he had one last album to release with the label (in this case, "Blueprint 3"), Jay-Z opted to buy himself out of the contract for a reportedly $5 million price tag.In related news, Jay-Z, who performed during this year's BET Awards on Sunday (June 28) released the video to his "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-tune)" video after the show, as part of BET's post show. The clip features guest appearances from Lyor Cohen, head of Warner Music Group which houses Atlantic Records, basketball player Lebron James and actor Harvey Keitel.
Roc Nation is Sony, Blueprint 3 will be Atlantic./Drake's management will be 'Hip-Hop Since 1978' which basically means: Quality album + well-executed release.
You reckon?

Guest Triple XXX

Jay doe is.. if i may say tho.. in a different league to other urban artistsits nt like he's Gucci Mane n needs some special kind of promotion dude is known in the mainstream, like he said all he needs is distribution