VIP2 Competition

djbmc

I was thinking, not so much a competition as collective learning process. We should all make a beat, using ONE synth, nothing else (apart from maybe effects). Everything from the bass to the drums needs to be made in it, and we all use the same synth (otherwise it aint fair coz someone could be using the Subtractor in reason and someone else could be on Omnisphere) also, it should be a freeware VST so it's available to those who don't have it yet.I think it would be good to A: Liven up the room,and B: ppl could share tips and tutorials on things like building hi-hats in a synth, we could all learn something and get out of the habit of using the same methods of production everytime we make a beat. Thoughts?

so some guys r only using reason? do u not have access to any vst hosts? The reason i suggest just one is because it'll help us all get a better knowledge of how synths work and how to program them. it would only really work if we were all using the same synth.

so some guys r only using reason? do u not have access to any vst hosts? The reason i suggest just one is because it'll help us all get a better knowledge of how synths work and how to program them. it would only really work if we were all using the same synth.
Actully tell a lieI do have SX3 on old pc I guess I wud use for thisits a good idea I reckon

bump.
free synth then, i reckon Synth1. There's a fairly big userbase for it, so there'll be plenty of vids and written tutorials online.http://www.vstcafe.com/2009/02/synth1-by-ichiro-toda.htmlThere's a couple of links below on the page to presets for it as well. Also, i've realised that my (and probably others') comp probably won't b able to handle 20 different synths all running at once so we should probably make it ok to bounce stuff, so long as u ONLY use corrective effects rather than creative ones, if u then load the bounced samples into a smapler rather than using an audio track in ur DAW, wot do u lot reckon?

• 4 weeks later...