Nipsey Hussle

STRIPEZ

he just sold over 1500 of these mixtapes for $100 and its still rising

+ the shows

he's good

twitter.com/nipseyhussle

#proud2pay

I've heard him say a few times that he's straight financially but I mean more from the point of his album dropping, feels like an age since Victory Lap was announced but he keeps dropping tapes.

The success of the marketing idea for this is defo going to make a lot of people sit up an take notice though so I suppose it was a good move in the end.

he just sold over 1500 of these mixtapes for $100 and its still rising

+ the shows

he's good

twitter.com/nipseyhussle

#proud2pay

I've heard him say a few times that he's straight financially but I mean more from the point of his album dropping, feels like an age since Victory Lap was announced but he keeps dropping tapes.

The success of the marketing idea for this is defo going to make a lot of people sit up an take notice though so I suppose it was a good move in the end.

defo, no coincidence his #fuccthemiddleman tweet got the most RT's from artists

Mixtape is fucking solid tho

Had it on repeat today.

/

Regarding his album situation, he was meant to drop VL last xmas as a free mixtape but then he signed some kind of deal with MMG, not sure what kind tho. So it got pushed back.

Nipsey Hussle airs out Complex Mag:

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/10/nipsey-hussle-interview?utm_campaign=complexmag+socialflow+10+2013&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Some quotes....

Number one, who is an editor to have an opinion on a street nigga? Bottom line. Those editors don’t live this life. They don’t go through the struggle. I’m from the Rolling 60's my nigga. They don’t understand what putting an album out is to me. It ain’t the same as one of them backpack niggas, or one of them college-rapping types. That ain’t the shit I do. I got enemies. I went to war for real in between albums. My life is real. So when I hear about an editor asking: What’s up with my output? I’m like: What’s up with you even commenting on my life? Niggas don’t know my life. That’s the bourgeoisie approach that I get offended by because this ain’t no bubble. This ain’t no vacuum we doing this music out of. That’s why people connect to the pain in it. Because it’s real. That’s the part they should respect. These radio hits, these charts, they don’t validate the truth and the message. That’s when I start to be like, “Okay, you ain’t got a record on radio. You ain’t put an album out officially, so you’re an underachiever.

Diss a nigga one month because you think his career is over. And the nigga turn around and shift culture and you ask for an interview. Fuck your interview, nigga. Quote me on that.

Y’all getting an eviction notice. Complex outta here. We cooled on y’all because everything’s gotta go. Y’all the middleman, fuck y’all. What I’m really offended about is that Complex acted like I don’t remember. They emailed me like, “I’m a big fan, I fuck with y’all, let’s get an interview.”

Who’s making these rules up that you got to drop a project every six months? Who made these rules up? I don’t know where that came from. That’s not indigenous to rap. That’s what niggas start doing, but I’m not a follower. And I’m not in it for these same reasons. Niggas hold fame against you like that’s what you’re in it for. I’m not in it for fame. I’ve been famous in the streets already. My goal in this shit is different, bro.

It was on behalf of Complex. They’re using you like these labels use these rappers. Listen to me real quick. Labels put rappers in front of their company to attract other rappers. Look at every label my nigga. Warner Bros. got their artists that they signed urban shit through. Atlantic got their artists they sign urban shit through. Def Jam got their artists they sign urban shit through. And one artist that say, “This is my nigga. I’m gonna let my nigga eat.” Then all the other niggas gotta sign through him. That’s the business model of these major labels. Niggas too stupid. Niggas is too reliant, getting caught up in the ambition of the artist to understand that this shit is disrespectful. If you’re a black man, if you’re a nigga from the struggle, you should be offended by that.

Niggas should ride with me. Niggas should have no other opinion about it. And it’s offensive. Or they’re not paying attention. If they’re not paying attention I’m here to wake them up. I’m here to tell them. I’ve been to every major label my nigga. Who does Interscope have? Dr. Dre. You wanna come to Interscope? Sign with Dre. What you think Warner Bros. and Atlantic got? They got niggas that they like and say to them, “We’ll let you get your money but every deal’s gotta come through you.” What you think Def Jam’s doing? Look at every artist they got on the platform recently. The labels are upset about it like, “Damn, we gotta deal with another nigga with some power now. Damn, another one slipped through.”

They gonna have to give niggas their fair share. I stood up to shit way tougher than the labels before. I’m not scared. I ain’t got no fear in my heart, trust me. I stood up to way more shit than a major label, than some pencil-pushing white boy, no disrespect. I’ma keep it 100. And that’s it, that’s how I feel.

Its three pages long but its all real talk! dude dropped gems!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got links to nip hussle the great vol 1 & 2?

still banging crenshaw on repeat

Nipsey Hussle also talks about how Jonah Berger's "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" inspired "Crenshaw's" Proud-2-Pay initiative.

Nipsey Hussle recently said that he will sell his Victory Lap album for $100 in the same way that he did with his "Crenshaw" mixtape. 

"We gon' do it traditionally through physical retail and iTunes," Nipsey Hussle said during the interview with New York radio station Power 105. "But then we gon' do a Proud-2-Pay campaign like we did for this one, and then we gonna offer it for free also.

"We gonna offer the album for free," Hussle continued. "So if you wanna download it free, you could, because it's still gonna be free regardless whether I offer it or not, somebody gonna leak it. It's gonna be available. I'ma just keep it 100 with the people. It's gonna be free if you don't wanna pay for it. If you wanna pay for it, we gonna have a Proud-2-Pay product that goes along with it. And if you wanna go to iTunes, Best Buy or Target, you can do that, too."

Nipsey Hussle Says "Crenshaw" Sale Idea Came From "Contagious" Book 

During the interview, Nipsey Hussle also said that he was inspired a Jonah Berger book, Contagious: Why Things Catch On.

"I got a few mentors who put me on books and literature and all that," Hussle said of his inspiration behind selling his "Crenshaw" mixtape for $100. "I got to the second chapter of [Jonah Berger'sContagious: Why Things Catch On]. It was just talking about how this restaurant owner in Philly started selling Philly cheesesteaks for $100 out of his restaurant. It set off all types of conversations. Everybody was talking about it. All types of influential people came through and wanted to check out why it was $100. Oprah came through and bought one. David Letterman bought one. He got all type of exposure and publicity. It became a staple. Everybody started come through to support, buying $100 cheesesteaks. I put the book down and I was like, 'We about to do that with the album. Nobody did that with music.'" 

Nipsey Hussle was also asked about other musicians who are taking a similar approach to the sale of their music.

"A few artist approached me," Hussle said. "A couple didn't. MGMT doin' somethin', the Rock band. Eminem is selling his at different price points for like $300 for the deluxe." 

Hussle made his "Crenshaw" mixtape available for free online October 8. He also sold 1,000 units of the project at $100 per copy. Hussle has confirmed that Jay Z purchased 100 copies of the collection.Hussle said he made $100,000 off the release in less than a day. 

More from Hussle's interview with Power 105.1 can be seen below, followed by a stream of "Crenshaw." 

100k off a mixtape >>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhcWNznTKos&noredirect=1

gotta drop the original classic