25/06/2009 THE DEATH OF A LEGEND - RIP MICHAEL JACKSON

jellybone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ prophet deleting earlier post about BBC, Jade Goody etc but then letting this whole diana sh*t swingthe hypocrisy is alot
001 delete the posts about diana innit you faggotThis is an appreciation topicOh wait you made some of those posts...
Yeah and?You bitches need to stop watching me. You claim to hate me and what not but you hug my posts and monitor what I do. Have fun posting and let the mods modFor the record, I was at work and didnt mind the debate. It was the only thing on here interesting at the time. I would have deleted once I got home but I cant be arsed now. The debate has stopped here though... well until tomorrow if I'm bored at work

you lot are bare annoying i swear down. Mr Q dont patronise me im not missing the point, im making a separate point. MJ was worth over 2 billion dollars and was in a position where he could afford to give that money to charity. I doubt that Princess Di even saw that amount of money in her life. So by saying that he was better than her beacuse he gave more money to charity doesnt prove much. Dont get me wrong donating 300 mill to charity however rich you are is very admirable regardless, but it shouldnt be used as a reason to put other key figures down. MJ gave more to charity than Ghandi, Diana and Martin Luther King put together; does that mean that his achievements overshadow theirs prophet 001As for that AIDS thing prophet 001. The whole point was that she DID know that you couldnt contract aids by hugging someone with it, but a large proportion of the public didn't know. So it was a very symbolic moment for raising awareness about AIDS. It showed the world that you dont contract aids by hugging someone and was very significant for the destigmatisation of the disease. thats why i said that it was priceless.
My initial comment was about people moaning and criticising MJ's casket being at the tribute so I compared it to Diana's casket being paraded. Not trying to start a competition between who did better. Diana was rich as well anyway. You cant blame MJ for being that rich he earned every penny of his money and choose to give back (something over looked by the media) which is something else i was pointing at. Like I said the only reason I used Diana as an example was because of the whole casket thing. Nothing else.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Michael Jackson Memorial: Live From LA' broadcast on 7 July. We understand you were upset by the commentary from Paul Gambaccini on the Michael Jackson Memorial event and would like to you reassure you that there was no intention to appear insensitive or disrespectful. This large scale event was arranged by the organisers at short notice and as such proved highly unpredictable to televise with unexpected and unexplained gaps in the event coverage. The commentators were, therefore, coping with an extremely challenging situation and striving to piece together as much information as possible for viewers. We regret it if you felt some of their comments appeared misjudged or inappropriate and we hope that this didn’t detract too much from what was an extraordinarily moving Memorial service. Both Trevor Nelson and Paul Gambaccini are huge fans of Michael Jackson’s music and have enormous respect for the legacy he has created. We would like to assure you that we have registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC. Thank you once again for contacting us. Regards BBC Complaints