The O2 is Officially Fucked.

Guest Esquilax

Guest Esquilax

Was gonna post this in the MJ topic, but its unrelated but related at the same time.The O2 can barely hold itself up as it is, and these shows were the saving grace.They employed thousands of people in the area for these shows, in anticipation, and now they will lose billionsJob cuts, closing down, i dont even think the place will be open by the end of the year.I feel for the people working there still, especially in this economic climate

silly statement. they will lose some money, but they also have insurance for things like this. as huge as MJ was, he wasnt needed to like save them or anything from bankruptcy. he was just going to stamp them as the best entertainment venue in the world right now. they wont close down. infact the insurance payout for this sort of sad situation, should not have any problems whatsoever.

Guest Esquilax

like i said, they are already strugglingrefunds will have to be suppliedthe thing about the recession is that people dont want to pop out to the o2 cuz they havent got the fundsthis sort of event, especially with the monolithic amount of dates attatched to it, would hvae helped it

Guest Esquilax

Dome doom: Talks over sale of O2 Arena collapseBy Simon EvansSunday, 21 June 2009Plans to sell London's Millennium Dome where plunged into disarray when Middle Eastern investors pulled out of talks to buy the venue at the 11th hour.It's believed that the unnamed bidder quit the race to buy the 99-year lease on the 02 Arena over concerns about the lease structure. A source close to the process said: "The structure means the amount of money anyone can make out of it is capped. It needs a re-think."The sale of the lease by Meridian Delta Dome Limited, a joint venture between Quintain Estates and Lend Lease, is expected to fetch the pair more than £30m.Savills and Michael Elliot are the property agents running the sale of the Dome.why do they want to get rid of it so badly then? looks to me like they want to flog it to some arabs at the highest price before it plummets tbh

Guest Triple XXX

theres bare lil o2 venues i dint even knolike the o2 hammersmith, i think the brixton one is called o2maybe they bit off more than they can chew

Guest faze .
theres bare lil o2 venues i dint even knolike the o2 hammersmith, i think the brixton one is called o2maybe they bit off more than they can chew
its only a sponsorship, they were all carling academy before.

silly statement. they will lose some money, but they also have insurance for things like this. as huge as MJ was, he wasnt needed to like save them or anything from bankruptcy. he was just going to stamp them as the best entertainment venue in the world right now. they wont close down. infact the insurance payout for this sort of sad situation, should not have any problems whatsoever.
from the statement i heard on radio....if you was in a certain seating area you are covererd under the insurance to get a full refund... the rest of the people dont get jack.

Guest Esquilax

bare people i know have already been given the elbowfrom a workers POV this is badperhaps not the venue in itself, but alot of people have been let go/ irregular work timetable