Quick help with ipods

Em Dott

My girl and her mum's ipods aren't being recognised by my macbook or my old laptop, nor her own PC. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers yet both still aren't being recognised, as a result no music can be put on and they can't be charged as they don't provide plugs for ipods anymore.Anyone have any ideas? It was fine before and then all of a sudden it says "device not recognised". It has happened before with my friend and my sister's ipods, and then all of a sudden it started working. But it doesn't seem to be happening at all. Gonna try it on my old laptop but I doubt it will work in all honesty.

Tried those already.Was just speaking to her friend who works for Apple.She suggested holding Menu and the middle button together until the ipod restarts.If it still doesn't work hold down the middle button and the play button after the ipod has been restarted when the apple symbol appears. It's meant to put the ipod into disk mode.However, if this doesn't work like with my girl's and her mum's ipods, then hope the warranty is still on it so you can get it swapped. That's what I'm doing for theirs.