2nd plane to crash in sea in 1 month.

shaian

Search and rescue planes have spotted debris from a Yemeni Airbus A310-300 that crashed into the sea in bad weather. The plane had 153 people aboard when it went down off the Indian Ocean archipelago of Comoros.Agency for Aviation Security and Navigation in Africa and Madagascar (Ascena) official Ibrahim Kassim said: "The planes have seen debris at the supposed point of impact."An official from the Yemeni state carrier said the plane had 142 passengers, including three infants, and 11 crew on board. It was flying from Sanaa to Moroni, the capital of the main island of the Comoros archipelago."We still do not have information about the reason behind the crash or survivors," said Mohammad al-Sumairi, deputy general manager for Yemenia operations."The weather conditions were rough with strong wind and high seas. The wind speed recorded on land at the airport was 38 miles an hour. There could be other factors."It was the second Airbus to plunge into the sea this month. An Air France Airbus A330-200 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean killing 228 people on board on June 1.

Sauce?Statistics show you are just as likely to be involved in a plane accident as you are a car accident.
what :huh:
Yeah, considering the difference in time spent by someone in a car than in a plane it actually makes sense. Read it in Freakonomics, I'll check the bibliography and post the source later if I can be bothered.

Guest Triple XXX
Sauce?Statistics show you are just as likely to be involved in a plane accident as you are a car accident.
lol initswear ur more likely to get struck by lightning than crash

Yeah, considering the difference in time spent by someone in a car than in a plane it actually makes sense. Read it in Freakonomics, I'll check the bibliography and post the source later if I can be bothered.
Absolute bullshit, f*ck off.

swear ur more likely to be involved in a car crash
yeah but that's because you use cars more oftenlooking at statistics if you were to be in the air (in a plane) as much as you are on the road (in a car) you would have just as much chance of dying from one than the other

Guest Triple XXX

i dnt think its thatu know hw hard pilots have to train n then theres bare rules about flyin n bare sh*t u gotta go throughif all that was placed on drivers n there was some kinda road traffic control im sure the roads would b safer

*thinks about what he read the other day about population control
yeh, the director of the plane crash department at the illuminati head office is on the phone to his bosssaying " yes sir, it succeeded, but one little pitney survived..but thats 300 in two plane crashes gone, just another 5 billion people or 20,000 more crashes left sir, but dont worry sir it's all been arranged with our agent pilots in the major airlines... operation 'i beleive i can fly will be a guaranteed success sir"

plane is statisticly the safest form of transport
me thinks this is a lie still, how many train accidents have you heard of in the last 10 years that you can name??plus not every one dies on trains, so i think the occurence of train crashes is less and the survival rate>>>>>>planes>>>>>cars>>>messing with me

yeah you get a influx of certain disastrs evry so often one time it was just trains crashing like paddington etc then you always get spates of grief ....like for eg i got 5 letters from tv license people in one week...wher have the bloodsucking demons been for past 2 year....see spates...im thinking maybe we will have a serious haul of exploding pigeons or something..and on the plane thing yeah we all know about the forces and what not but to me its still tons of metal flying in the air i mean what the heck aint natural i never flown as i see it i didnt fly out of the womb into the sky so why would i attempt to board a hunk o scrap that defies the laws of gravity expect to die basically ha ha

This cant be true for there are far more cars on the roads than planes in the urr.
they work it out by ratio i think
What I've been trying to say (evidently not clearly enough).The ratio of the combined amount of hours spent of planes in the air to amount of deaths by plane crash - is the same as the ratio of combined amount of hours spent of cars on the road to the amount of deaths by car crash