Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

So ladies, I wanted to share some new pics/recipes :) . Being knocked up has left me with more time to make home  made products for skin and hair care. I read a quote that said 'dont put it on your face if you wouldnt put it in your mouth'

thought that was inspirational so I blended together;

Avocado

Cucumber

Olive Oil

and Sunflower seeds

to make a facial scrub. I keep it in the fridge to stay fresh, leave it on my face for 15 mins or so and wash it off in my bath. I then use Shea Butter or Almond Oil to moisturize and the skin feels really healthy. Smells boom too.  :D

For my hair iv also incorporated an Avocado Condition. I blend the Avocado and apply it to my roots after washing. leave it for a while and then rinse out. It helps strengthen my roots I find but the real success has been Almond Oil as a scalp mosturizer. Im loving this idea of bringing the kitchen  into the bathroom.

It has great results and is so cost effective, any one else have any home made remedies to share, lets show and prove.

back view of my hair a few days after I loosened some protective plaits out after washing.

wp20130204007.jpg

Side view after the face scrub.

wp20130209026.jpg

^_^  

australia-beef-minced.jpg

• Downvote 5

Jay you wouldn't believe the rate at which it has grown since being pregnant. It does get dryer quicker but Almond Oil is helping with that. My mum says its because its a boy its not falling out, girls just just wanna take everything.You got any good products, home made or store bought that help to keep you hair hydrated?and thanks Dave.

Well after taking out the weave and almost deciding to transition I succumbed to the creamy crack. However my hair did go from rihanna short to neck/shoulder length so proud of the growth.

My hair is shedding A LOT though! But I've been so lazy in my hair care I am not surprised...ATORRRR!

Guest chap44uns

So ladies, I wanted to share some new pics/recipes :) . Being knocked up has left me with more time to make home  made products for skin and hair care. I read a quote that said 'dont put it on your face if you wouldnt put it in your mouth'

thought that was inspirational so I blended together;

Avocado

Cucumber

Olive Oil

and Sunflower seeds

to make a facial scrub. I keep it in the fridge to stay fresh, leave it on my face for 15 mins or so and wash it off in my bath. I then use Shea Butter or Almond Oil to moisturize and the skin feels really healthy. Smells boom too.  :D

For my hair iv also incorporated an Avocado Condition. I blend the Avocado and apply it to my roots after washing. leave it for a while and then rinse out. It helps strengthen my roots I find but the real success has been Almond Oil as a scalp mosturizer. Im loving this idea of bringing the kitchen  into the bathroom.

It has great results and is so cost effective, any one else have any home made remedies to share, lets show and prove.

back view of my hair a few days after I loosened some protective plaits out after washing.

wp20130204007.jpg

Side view after the face scrub.

wp20130209026.jpg

^_^  

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Im gonna locks when my patience grows and my funds increase.

i started it about 1year ago, but took them out as my chick at the time didnt like them, i wasnt fully sure of myself, and i kept playing in my hair, unravelling them. ive got a small afro which is in single plait atm.

i want my hair to grow faster.

i dont really put anything in it, which makes it too dry. i was washing my hair with liquid black soap, although my ex said she dont like it (she washes n plaits my hair now and again, shes a hairdresser) as she said it drys out my hair. Mum's friend made some concuction of shae butter with something else in it, was usuing that for a while but not really monitioring my hair so i dont know the overall effect it had.

then i dabbled in using pure (well boots range) coconut oil in my hair and skin.

im tempted to check out this lady range

http://www.tlcnaturalsonline.com/

Nola hit me up with the tips, youre local, and you Kurious.

a simple question

why do black girls use weave/extensions?

why cant they embrace their own hair?

you know you can make a lot of sexy hair dooz from short hair...

Not a lot of girls can pull of the short hair look

Usually looks better on slim pretty petite tings

so theyll rather wear something fake

i mean man.. ffs the whole concept just pisses me off

• Downvote 2

Im gonna locks when my patience grows and my funds increase.

i started it about 1year ago, but took them out as my chick at the time didnt like them, i wasnt fully sure of myself, and i kept playing in my hair, unravelling them. ive got a small afro which is in single plait atm.

i want my hair to grow faster.

i dont really put anything in it, which makes it too dry. i was washing my hair with liquid black soap, although my ex said she dont like it (she washes n plaits my hair now and again, shes a hairdresser) as she said it drys out my hair. Mum's friend made some concuction of shae butter with something else in it, was usuing that for a while but not really monitioring my hair so i dont know the overall effect it had.

then i dabbled in using pure (well boots range) coconut oil in my hair and skin.

im tempted to check out this lady range

http://www.tlcnaturalsonline.com/

Nola hit me up with the tips, youre local, and you Kurious.

atm my hair needs some love the weather has dried it out so much. i got some herbs and plants book so ima see what concoction i can make and share

it here. on my skin tho i use raw shea butter which is good especially in weather like this. I'm still looking for a hair oil that suits me tho

How can you ask this:

a simple question

why do black girls use weave/extensions?

why cant they embrace their own hair?

you know you can make a lot of sexy hair dooz from short hair...

and then in the next breath compare a black woman's natural hair to that? smh. It's clowns like you that add to some of these young women's insecurities out there. Joke or not, it's a stupid thing to say.

wp20130204007.jpg
^_^  

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...

Curly hair issues...

I stopped straightening my hair early this year and gave it good chop, the result is as below - 

1441347_10200923336313266_2104308095_n_z

I condition it, I cream it, I don't wash it too often, I treat it etc etc.

But I still get the 'frizzy back', the underneath has beautifully bouncy tight curls but no matter what I do to the back of it, it still looks loose and frizzy.

Does anyone know how to combat this, it's even worse in this weather because of wind. 

It feels as if the back of my hair is dead.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1