Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

A question to anyone whos had their hair cut short, what hairedressers did u go to?Do you know of any hairdressers who can cut a wicked short cut and not too expensive?
La Coupe Futur in Norbury! Head stylist Frank, very good won awards an all tht.

Guest Lisa Turtle

Junior Green in Knightsbridge Jodie. Won pierre awards. Don't cut with Junior because it will cost an arm and a leg but anyone of the stylists/senior stylists will do the job wonderfully.My hair is annoying me. It grows too quick. I'm relaxing every 3.5 weeks atm. I'm gonna have to start getting shape ups for the back because it is annoying me big time.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Junior Green in Knightsbridge Jodie. Won pierre awards. Don't cut with Junior because it will cost an arm and a leg but anyone of the stylists/senior stylists will do the job wonderfully.My hair is annoying me. It grows too quick.relaxing every 3.5 weeks atm I'm . I'm gonna have to start getting shape ups for the back because it is annoying me big time.
i just shed a tear for ur scalp and brain and whatever other vital organs such chemical abuse has affected

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Triple XXX

cut my hair offwas pissin me off i was turing into a woman all worrying about washing n conditioning and all that crapfirst time ive had no hair since 2000head shape has changed for the better

started following the "curly girl" routine at the beginning of this month, so no shampooing or using products with silicones in. it seems to be helping, my hair feels a lot stronger and seems to be growing. if anyone's interested this is an outline of the method http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair and there is loads of info on naturallycurly.com and britishcurlies.co.uk. i have become somewhat obsessed with this lately, the best products i have tried so far is the kinky curly range - http://www.kinky-curly.com/

Guest Lisa Turtle

okay so i've had short hair for 9 months and now i think i want to grow it out to a slightly shorter version of the bob rihanna had. i dont want a weave and a dont want single plait. this is gonna be a long year.

okay so i've had short hair for 9 months and now i think i want to grow it out to a slightly shorter version of the bob rihanna had. i dont want a weave and a dont want single plait. this is gonna be a long year.
Im looking to do the same thing lol.

• 4 weeks later...
today this man goes to me: thats a nice hairstyle, what do you call it?i said 'dread locks'him: hahaha, so what is it like twists?:D
lmao/think ima dye the ends of my locs I wanna dye the whole head but people keep puttin me off sayin the upkeep will be too much I think they are right tbh

Getting my hair dyed next week, i've been patiently trying to grow it out for a while now, but where its been such nice weather the sun has lightened my roots which are blonde, so the top part of my hair (about 3 inches worth of regrowth) is quite fair now, and then its sort of a browny red colour for another inch and the rest is jet black :D Looks awful and ive had to keep scraping it back so its not so obvious but its still looks a little strange, so i asked my friend whos a hairdresser to sort it for me, shes going to do highlights to lift the colour a bit so it will be a couple of shades of brown and a few blonde bits, it wont be the result im aiming for but its a start and id rather do that than my previous idea which was bleach it then tint it, as she said i will probably go ginger, so i have my fingers crossed this will go well and i can gradually start getting my hair back to normal!!

Me and this epilator just aren't working out. I have a very low pain threshold and everytime I try to epilate I end up with a half done leg from where I give up. Where it's been so hot I've not been on soaking in a hot bath, but I'm gonna have to go all out-hot bath, ibuprofen or maybe some vodka (or whatever numbs the pain)

started following the "curly girl" routine at the beginning of this month, so no shampooing or using products with silicones in. it seems to be helping, my hair feels a lot stronger and seems to be growing. if anyone's interested this is an outline of the method http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair and there is loads of info on naturallycurly.com and britishcurlies.co.uk. i have become somewhat obsessed with this lately, the best products i have tried so far is the kinky curly range - http://www.kinky-curly.com/
Flapjacks - Do you order direct from Kinky curly or do you know a shop that stocks it?

Argh, found out today i can't get my hair done :D My friend did a strand test on my hair with the bleach and it went ginger, so she said she would get this other kind of bleach that is designed to cut through black dye and test thatPhoned me this morning and she said Sallys dont stock it anymore you can only get it directly from Wella and you have to have a Wella card to order from themMy only other option is to have the colour stripped but i know that will absolutely wreck my hair, im gonna just have to either be patient and let it grow out a bit more and maybe get it cut, or just keep on dyeing it black coz theres no way im going to the hairdressers to get it done, my friend does my hair for dirt cheap and shes really good so ill just wait and let her deal with it eventually

Flapjacks - Do you order direct from Kinky curly or do you know a shop that stocks it?
i order from the curl emporium - http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/store/you get your stuff pretty fast and they always send samples of other products to try which is nicei haven't found any shops that stock the kinky curly unfortunately/since that last post i have been using aubrey's organics conditioners - the honeysuckle rose one and the gpb protein one for when my hair is feeling a bit limp and lifeless. they are the best conditioners i have ever used, the honeysuckle rose is sooo moisturising and the protein one really helps if you have fine, thin and/or coloured hair but want more volume. apparently the honeysuckle rose is great for relaxed hair too. you can order from the curl emporium but i recently found out they sell them at the hairdressers in morleys, brixton.. so glad i discovered this as it saves me on postage.

Argh, found out today i can't get my hair done :D My friend did a strand test on my hair with the bleach and it went ginger, so she said she would get this other kind of bleach that is designed to cut through black dye and test thatPhoned me this morning and she said Sallys dont stock it anymore you can only get it directly from Wella and you have to have a Wella card to order from themMy only other option is to have the colour stripped but i know that will absolutely wreck my hair, im gonna just have to either be patient and let it grow out a bit more and maybe get it cut, or just keep on dyeing it black coz theres no way im going to the hairdressers to get it done, my friend does my hair for dirt cheap and shes really good so ill just wait and let her deal with it eventually
i've had my hair stripped twice and i've bleached the front white before lol, the first time i bleached my hair from black it went ginger too, but then i bleached it again and it went white, then i used a toner to make it blonde. if you're really sick of the black (like i was) i would just bleach it till it's light enough then use a toner on top to get the colour you want. your hair will be damaged straight afterwards (mine was so bad that if i rubbed a strand between my fingers it would disintegrate) but i deep conditioned like crazy, used hot oil every day for like 2 weeks and after that it was ok.the only thing i regret about bleaching my hair now is that the part i bleached doesn't curl very well, but if you wear your hair straight it shouldn't be a problem. i say go for it, but only if you are prepared to look after your hair really well for the next few weeks as it will be damaged. i used smart blonde platinum blonde bleach. i've heard schwarskoff is one of the least damaging.edit: this blog is really helpful when bleaching your hair - http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/

i order from the curl emporium - http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/store/you get your stuff pretty fast and they always send samples of other products to try which is nicei haven't found any shops that stock the kinky curly unfortunately/since that last post i have been using aubrey's organics conditioners - the honeysuckle rose one and the gpb protein one for when my hair is feeling a bit limp and lifeless. they are the best conditioners i have ever used, the honeysuckle rose is sooo moisturising and the protein one really helps if you have fine, thin and/or coloured hair but want more volume. apparently the honeysuckle rose is great for relaxed hair too. you can order from the curl emporium but i recently found out they sell them at the hairdressers in morleys, brixton.. so glad i discovered this as it saves me on postage.
Thank you, might need to give Morleys a lil visit before I visit my mum.