Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All the ladies growing locs or that maintain their hair chemical and heat free, how has the natural journey been for u so far?

I gave up on going to the hairdressers, my locs are presently in need of a wash and twist but overall i find them very easy to handle and I still stay loyal to Almond Oil for scalp care. I wanted to show a pic of the length after nearly 3 years too. any other sisterins have updates to show?

wp20130106047.jpg

wp20130106042.jpg

• Upvote 1

good bump kurious your hair is looking very good healthy&thick. i'm getting fed up of going to the hairdressers now,
they are blessed but financially it's not doing it.
I know if i try i could do it myself so ima watch some youtube tutorials. currently in need of a retwist but my hair has grown so much in the last 3 years gonna

trim it and then i'll be nice. Also thinking of going ginger i've done it before really liked it but now i think i can own it more.

will post a pic in a bit.

here's my barnet i'm in this wishy washy phase cause the colour has nearly fully grown out. i'ma defo try some almond oil i need something that nourishes the weather i feel is drying out my hair a bit; although i do normally get a treatment every couple months. 

imag0352copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes those locs look good, are u glad u made the transition? good length and size too.

thanks me lady. I've always had natural hair (never relaxed it) so when i decided to locs up it was a natural progression in a way but still was a decision that

came from my higher self it just felt right to me one day. But yes I dont regret it some days i hide behind my hair some days i put it all away.

Its interesting how people do percieve you cause of your hair though, my friend is going down to a level 1 and watching her journey growing out the relax etc.. 

has been interesting.

• 1 month later...

So ladies, I wanted to share some new pics/recipes :) . Being knocked up has left me with more time to make home  made products for skin and hair care. I read a quote that said 'dont put it on your face if you wouldnt put it in your mouth'

thought that was inspirational so I blended together;

Avocado

Cucumber

Olive Oil

and Sunflower seeds

to make a facial scrub. I keep it in the fridge to stay fresh, leave it on my face for 15 mins or so and wash it off in my bath. I then use Shea Butter or Almond Oil to moisturize and the skin feels really healthy. Smells boom too.  :D

For my hair iv also incorporated an Avocado Condition. I blend the Avocado and apply it to my roots after washing. leave it for a while and then rinse out. It helps strengthen my roots I find but the real success has been Almond Oil as a scalp mosturizer. Im loving this idea of bringing the kitchen  into the bathroom.

It has great results and is so cost effective, any one else have any home made remedies to share, lets show and prove.

back view of my hair a few days after I loosened some protective plaits out after washing.

wp20130204007.jpg

Side view after the face scrub.

wp20130209026.jpg

^_^  

Jay you wouldn't believe the rate at which it has grown since being pregnant. It does get dryer quicker but Almond Oil is helping with that. My mum says its because its a boy its not falling out, girls just just wanna take everything.

You got any good products, home made or store bought that help to keep you hair hydrated?

and thanks Dave.