Gazidis - "Give us a chance lads"

Guest fortes fortuna adiuvat

Guest fortes fortuna adiuvat
The Premier League needs to adopt a salary cap in a bid to achieve financial stability, according to Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis. Manchester City's spending since the close of last season has dominated the back pages as reports of astronomical fees and wages become commonplace.With Chelsea and a cash-rich Manchester United also expected to open their chequebooks freely in the close-season, more heavy investment is anticipated from the top flight's biggest spenders.Arsenal remain determined to stay on an even keel financially and Gazidis has called for a greater responsibility from Premier League clubs."I think it is worth our while to investigate whether there are elements of the salary cap system, which they have in US NFL and baseball (sic), which would benefit football," Gazidis told The Guardian."Clubs have a duty to provide more stability in our business models and some form of wage restraint is one element worth looking at."There are many ways in which it could work."Gazidis joined Arsenal last year after working as the deputy commissioner of Major League Soccer, which employs a salary cap.

In 2000, Roy Keane became the country’s leading earner with a new £52,000-a-week contract. Ex-Wales and Man United midfielder Mickey Thomas, jailed for making fake money, made light of it: “So Keane is on 50 grand a week? So was I until the police found my printing machine!”At the time, £52,000 a week seemed ridiculous.

Wasn't it Ferdinand?When they had that contract saga that dragged on for months after he'd just come back from his drug ban.
I think that Ferdinand one was around 90.000 don't qote me on that though but still this is One of the reasons i cant stand the c*nt hope he never becomes a permanent United Captain no matter how good he is does anyone know if theres any truth in the rumours that he may've failed another drugs test. heard it a couple different place now and its probably bullshit but anyway

A Salary cap should not be brought in and i'm not sure it could be anyway unless the cap was the same all over the world it wouldn't work and even then it would jus make the big clubs even bigger and keep the small clubs where they are City are tyring to make moves now by offering riddiculous wages if they wern't able to do this nobody would go to them as those same players would choose to go to the clubs with more prestige and the clubs based in more desirable places