Cutting

A Bit Better

I'm currently trying to cut my body fat. I'm about the size I wanna be but wanna lose the fat. Not trying to get an 8 pack or anything but the line down the middle and my arms looking a bit more ripped would be nice.So... What do I do?Currently I'm doing full body workouts every other day. 2 exercises for each upper body part. 2 sets of 15 reps at abotu 2/3 the weight I would usually use. Trying to cut out carbs and most days I have none but when I do it's a wholemeal roll at lunch at most. But I know I need to keep my protein intake up and I shouldn't be taking N Large as it's got loads of carbs... Do I need to buy Whey? I'm only really cutting for the next 3 weeks, then I'm back to bulking as I actually wanna be 100KG (currently 93KG) so I don't wanna buy whey protein unless it's absolutely necessary.Pretty sure I'm getting like 140g of protein a day currently.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ur only cutting for 3 weeks thn you need to go hard, and do the Keto diet i posted earlier. it works very well for that. basically you cut out ALL carbs apart from Veg after 12noon, mon-fri, you can load up on complex carbs over the weekend.still stay away from saturated fats off course, and yes you need whey protein..3 shakes a day. and have some fruit juice after your work out cos you need sucrose to process protein

if ur only cutting for 3 weeks thn you need to go hard, and do the Keto diet i posted earlier. it works very well for that. basically you cut out ALL carbs apart from Veg after 12noon, mon-fri, you can load up on complex carbs over the weekend.still stay away from saturated fats off course, and yes you need whey protein..3 shakes a day. and have some fruit juice after your work out cos you need sucrose to process protein
I'm already doing the Keto diet but I slipped twice this week at 1pm on two days. Had a sandwich one day and rice on the other.Staying away from saturated fats but it's hard. Not gonna even get complex carbs at the weekend as there's no point but I'm gonna buy Whey Protein. Point me in the right direction please. I wanna buy today so I can get to taking it asap.

It is hard but not impossible. Lunch is the hardest meal as I'm at work but dinner is easy. Mum makes sauce and rice (meat in the sauce obviously). I just have mixed veg instead of rice and it's all good.Remember, yoghurt is your friend. sh*t saves me from eating chocolate and cakes all the time.

I'm already doing the Keto diet but I slipped twice this week at 1pm on two days. Had a sandwich one day and rice on the other.Staying away from saturated fats but it's hard. Not gonna even get complex carbs at the weekend as there's no point but I'm gonna buy Whey Protein. Point me in the right direction please. I wanna buy today so I can get to taking it asap.
discount-supplements.co.uk... its called optimum nutrition whey and is usually their best seller, and its about #26.99 for 2.2kg which is about 75 servings, its very good quality for a decent price. you can get others for more and better quality depending on your budget. i think you should load up on carbs during the weekend cos if not you may be tempted to go on a carb binge during the week. even pro bodybuilders do this and it can wreck all their gains during cutting.

i beg 1 of u post the Keto diet, please
just what carpe posted in the thread on this diet
this form of eating:* Allow you to build muscle without accumulating fat when bulking. You'd stay lean all year round.* Allow you to lose fat without losing muscle when cutting.* Induce an increase in serum anabolic hormones naturally (without supplements).in this diet the focus is on Protein,Fats and oils,lots of water.70% of muscles is made of protein..so why is there so much emphasis on carbs? The idea of the ketone diet is to get your body into a process called Ketosis where you stop burning carbohydrates as fuel and instead turn to the burning of what are known as ketones. This will occur when you bring your carbohydrate levels to around 50 grams per day or lower. rest of the article here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian7.htm======================i was gonna post this when i started but i wanted to see how it really works first..My cousin who competes uses this and i put it off for a while until about 5 weeks ago when i started it.it is a bit hard to start with, because we're used to the thought of eating good complex carbs..not cutting them out completely. but even though im already quite lean its worked amazingly well. you have to try it for a month minimum to see results. its also gonna be a bit like getting off drugs with some withdrawal like symptoms off carbs. for an advanced diet..the only starchy carbs u should take are in the morning..i.e. your oats and bread. (before 12noon)intermediate will be to have a starchy carb lunch (12-1pm) along with breakfast carbs.carb junky beginners can cut out carbs by 3pm..no later.only carbs allowed in between or after these times are vegetable carbs. so that means even a subway sandwich is a no no. (have two meat ball snack bowls instead..no bread). there will be no such thing as a healthy sandwich!alternatives to carbs, : tuna mayonnaise snack, bio yogurt, all nuts, cheeses, all fish, cottage cheese (all varieties), salads (no croutons), and all types of meat.so ive replaced all my afternoon carbs meals with just having a cheese n ham omelette, or tuna stew with microwave veg, or chicken and veg. still having the protein shakes, and i have yogurts, cheese, and mackerel, or even mcdonalds salad with grilled chicken (and add my own extra meat at home). still keep away from saturated fats though so grilled>>>>>fried.i thought it was hard to find alternatives but they're all around you. u may feel a bit jaded in the first week, and could just have a serious carb rush (i finished 6 packets of wholegrain crisps 1st week in one sitting.. i just said.. phuck it!! ) but 2nd week i was able to resist..to make it easier, you can 'carb load' on the weekends by just having the carbs u miss like pasta and bread. and then monday to friday you get back to the diet. get a cod liver oil/omega-3 supplement to aid your good fats intake. immediately after training..you can have a tiny bit of carbs..(but u dont even need that) but u do need to have your protein and a good meal.results: after 5 weeks, i noticed veins come way more than i expected. even to the point where ive been told im using some vascular juice, or taking ODing on Noxplode. but in reality i havent bought one since march. i dont feel as tired as i thought i wld, and no major loss of energy. its a mental battle too cos you're mind is telling you u lack carbs so u should be tired. but you're not. 2 friends who started it with me and go to other gyms swear they are experiencing the same..and they also look bigger. there hasnt been much weight change but i prob gained 2kgs on avg. you MAY notice a tiny loss of strength.. so you should change your training routine by reducing weights slightly. like i was always able to do 50kg DBs easily doing chest..for 7-10 reps..but i at best get to 5 now, so i now do 45k and go for one or 2 reps with my max. but i know that in the long run i will be stronger by being able to lift 50kg as normal..without as much carbs i normally eat. **note that this is a diet that's great for summer so for those looking to bulk fast, or who enjoy throwing heavy weights around with no visual results..this might not be for you. so like the article says..the only thing u got to lose is fat.. try it and see. remember Foods To EatAll full fat cheeses are allowedAll meatsFishCottage cheese the full fat varietyNutsEgg yolks and allFish oilsExtra virgin olive oils (do no cook with it, the properties will change.)Flax seed oil

For those looking for an easy, non-carb lunch. I was in Tesco and saw chargrilled chicken breasts in a flat white packet with a see-thru top. £2 and just under 50g of protein in the pack. I just got those and a bottle of sweet chilli sauce which I've left in the fridge at work. One of those for lunch followed by a yoghurt does the trick. Although you're still slightly full. Maybe add some cheese to it.

i also find it very difficult to avoid carbs at lunch, because if i go to sainsbury's/m&s/a cafe to get something to eat, everything contains bread or pasta
you can buy stuff like tuna pate, nuts, pastrami beef. even those microwave chicken burgers, prawn salad, chicken breasts, ham, loads of stuff

today i had toast with breakfast and didn't eat any more carbohydrates for the rest of the day. i felt f*ckED by about 3.30 and gym at 6 was a taskis this always gonna be like that, or will my body adapt and get less tired the longer i maintain this diet?also, is this advisable (to not eat any carbohydrates after 12pm) when i'm gonna be doing 2 hours of intense cardio + muscular (press-ups, sit-ups etc) at 6-8pm ??

today i had toast with breakfast and didn't eat any more carbohydrates for the rest of the day. i felt f*ckED by about 3.30 and gym at 6 was a taskis this always gonna be like that, or will my body adapt and get less tired the longer i maintain this diet?also, is this advisable (to not eat any carbohydrates after 12pm) when i'm gonna be doing 2 hours of intense cardio + muscular (press-ups, sit-ups etc) at 6-8pm ??
dont see why it wud be,yr just going to burn protein instead of carbs for energyshud take some carbs two hrs b4 exercise imo