Gonna jump on this ting

The Infamous

Was listening to some Otis Redding the other day and I became convinced I could do this producing thingMainly hiphop thoughWhats the essentials to start me off?Not taking expensive instruments like mpc's and shitSomeone tell the the main components and I will report back in a months time

Midi keyboard and program of your choice (reason, Cubase etc) thats all you need. a rapidshare pass would be usefull to download new refills and that.I wouldnt recoment starting with fruity loops, its not worth it. its better to jump in at the deep end IMO.

u man are nutsbut i spose each to there ownmaking music with out a keyboard is the most tedious thing in the world
Agree with this guy.It's like saying you don't need a toothbrush to brush your teeth. The job can still be done ye, but the two go hand-in-hand.Keyboards are cheap, it's worth buying one.
:D

looolJust clocked. if your using reason cubase, then keyboard might be alright but I have a keyboard in my room n i can play it aswell but have never hooked it up to my pc. I like clickin in sh*t for some reason...out of interest, how the eff do you brush your teeth without a brush?? That post sounded like a post from experience

lol u say it like it's because I couldn't afford the paste and brush.I could count the number of times I've done it on one hand, it's not like I wake up every morning n paste up my finger. But if I end up not at home on a weekend then I wudn't think twice about doing a DIY job on the cleaning before stepping out and doing it properly at home.This convosation is a complete different topic in itself. Not even gona get into the "wiping the arse with no toilet roll thing" :lol:Back on topic.... keyboards get the thumbs up.