Sign in to follow this  
Corrigan

Do you know any methods for quickly boosting strength?

Basically, i can currently bench press 80kg and i wanna b able to lift 100 by september.However, at the moment i'm finding it hard to progress.What, do you lot suggest?ure help would be much appreciated. :D

That sounds achievable to me just by pushing regularly and gradually increasing the weight

Guest Cipher

You can't do it quickly, its a process that takes timeMake sure your diet is spot on & you get enough restIn the mean time, do other workouts that are good for the areas that the bench press needsSo the Pectorals, Deltoids, Serratus, triceps and to a lesser extent the forearms(alot of these excercises will work similar muscles anyway)So you should be doingPectoralsDumbell Flyes, Peckdecks, Pullovers, Pushups (weighted perhaps)serratus anteriorCable, Dumbell & Medicine ball pullovers, Cable Crunches and medicine ball roll outDeltoidsBent over laterals, cable side laterals, behind the neck military press, lateral raisesAlso things like the seated barbell & dumbell pressImproving all of these muscles separately will help a LOT when it comes to bench pressing

You can't do it quickly, its a process that takes timeMake sure your diet is spot on & you get enough restIn the mean time, do other workouts that are good for the areas that the bench press needsSo the Pectorals, Deltoids, Serratus, triceps and to a lesser extent the forearms(alot of these excercises will work similar muscles anyway)So you should be doingPectoralsDumbell Flyes, Peckdecks, Pullovers, Pushups (weighted perhaps)serratus anteriorCable, Dumbell & Medicine ball pullovers, Cable Crunches and medicine ball roll outDeltoidsBent over laterals, cable side laterals, behind the neck military pressAlso things like the seated barbell & dumbell pressImproving all of these muscles separately will help a LOT when it comes to bench pressing
saaaaaafebut what should the diet mostyl consist of

Increase Bench Press - HEAVY dumbbell bench presses for 5-6 reps. not no p*ssy weights. I used to struggle to do 80kg for 5 reps. switched to dumbbells for 3 weeks, went back on the bench press and done 80 for 8 reps like it was nothingAlso do incline dumbbell presses. You'll be surprised how your bench will shoot up after using heavy dumbbells. Also do deadlifts and squats.

when u say 80k do u include the bar or wud u just call 2x 20plates on each side 80kalways confused me

You can't do it quickly, its a process that takes timeMake sure your diet is spot on & you get enough restIn the mean time, do other workouts that are good for the areas that the bench press needsSo the Pectorals, Deltoids, Serratus, triceps and to a lesser extent the forearms(alot of these excercises will work similar muscles anyway)So you should be doingPectoralsDumbell Flyes, Peckdecks, Pullovers, Pushups (weighted perhaps)serratus anteriorCable, Dumbell & Medicine ball pullovers, Cable Crunches and medicine ball roll outDeltoidsBent over laterals, cable side laterals, behind the neck military pressAlso things like the seated barbell & dumbell pressImproving all of these muscles separately will help a LOT when it comes to bench pressing
saaaaaafebut what should the diet mostyl consist of
there are threads on diet, check themand safe manny i thought i was only pushing 70k, but plus the bar on the smith machine (my gym id sh*t and doesnt have proper freeweights) im pushing 90k

20kg bar.Always include them
On the smiths machine? I disagree. Dunno what you put it as but I never include that bar coz I don't think it's 20kg.
Nah i never include the smith. I read somewhere the smith is 5kg or some sh*t like that.

i reckon if ur doing 80k it won't be hard to push for 100, it might just be a mental thing.

don't use smith personally so i dunno.. even if no benches are free and there are smiths free i don't touch them. i'm not even a hench bodybuilder, im just a normal gym goer but even so i think the smiths are a waste of time. i think im gonna make a switch to db press i been doing bench a year now its getting boring. never tried the db press though, i imagine it takes a long time to master it cause u got the have a smooth movement in both hands at the same time.

I only use it for seated presses at times. Other than that the only time i go near a smith is when all the benches fr dumbbell pressing are taken so ill take the smith bench.