Forbes Hip hop top earners 2009

GoldCoast

Guest Cipher

I wasn't doding anything, from his original comment on page 1 I just didnt think that how long akon has been here was 'new on the scene' I mean he is a household name is he notYour right about the circles though

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

new on the scene as in 6 yearsyou said it yourself6 yearscompare that to others on the list
Lol so you cant make money in 2009, if you've only been on for 6 years?50 cent has only been on the scene for 7 and he's near the top. He was top last year when he was only at 6 years..Its not about the length of time its about the moves you makeand Akon, has made VERY big moves. Guys be laughin at him for singin with gwen stefani but look where it gets him.He;s one of the only artists that can probably releasea street track (will most likely be a feature now though)a club tracka 'white/radio friendly' track that will top the charts over here
yeh I was looking towards the middle of that list when I thought 20 mil in six yrslooking above him I remb that fifty and kanye have not been around for that long either

T-Pain is big, Kardinal was good before he signed with them. Sway is also a good rapper, still haven't heard any French Montana despite the slight hype he seems to have on here. Dunno what he's doing signing Brick & Lace or Tami Chynn, they're bound to be failures.

new on the scene as in 6 yearsyou said it yourself6 yearscompare that to others on the list
technically he ain even newhe was on the fugees album
skaaynewtfVH1: You sang on The Fugees' The Score. How did you hook up with them? Akon: They introduced me to the music industry. I used to work at a barber shop in Newark and Clef used to come get his hair cut. At the time he didn't have a deal. We used to go in my basement outside of Newark and just create music. I was one of the original members of the Refugee Camp. I got a basketball scholarship to go to Atlanta and then I ended up leaving.and thisVH1: Your father Mor Thiam was a famed percussionist. Was there always a lot of music in the house? Akon: Yeah. Every artist out there right now was real good friends with my dad. My dad was all over the place. I met James Brown, The Jackson 5; I met a lot of celebrities.