New car on finance

Jm0nEy

based on 3 years with a new car that you hand back & 3 years with an older car that say you end up reselling for like £500 if your lucky?new car = 36 x £300 =£3900 no tax ,no mot no repair bills total £3900old car £2k to buy, 3 x yearly road tax (3 x £175= £475), 3 x mot tests (£60 ish x 3 = £180) general estimated repairs circa £700 over 3 years ? total = £3355imo you waste just as much money on an old car tbh and the figures above are more than realistic in fact if you reduced the ew car payments to like £150 i( i was just using mine as an example) you would actually end up BETTER off leasing/financing a new car!
Errr what! what kind of figures are these.are you forgetting interest on finance? initial deposit.It's a f*ck*ng joke. dont waste your time on finance you'll get raped. READ THIS AND LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE GETTIN FINANCE AND GETTIN ROBBED SILLY.http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18019506
i dont pay interest i lease my car no finance.these figures are based on a new leased car handing it bck after 3 years and an old car maybe selling after the 3 years for like £500you cant argue with them figures mister
LOL. Your paying 3+ for a car you'll have to give back at 3 years. Wheres the car satisifaction of owning the car? Surely if you saved your money including petrol you could have a even more better car.Leasing, finance, hire all are pretty stupid ideas to me.the companies set it up so that they can have the best of the both worlds

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a new car has 3 years warrantythe parts that dont come under the warranty come under my service agreement which is included in the monthly price.no repair costs for me :)
why do you always type in this font.Correct me if i'm wrong but does this mean that after every paragraph, sentence you type you highlight it and change up the font?
no i highlight the whole text after and press i & b
dont u think thats a lil sad?
possibly but no more sadder than making a cartoon avater of myself :)

based on 3 years with a new car that you hand back & 3 years with an older car that say you end up reselling for like £500 if your lucky?new car = 36 x £300 =£3900 no tax ,no mot no repair bills total £3900old car £2k to buy, 3 x yearly road tax (3 x £175= £475), 3 x mot tests (£60 ish x 3 = £180) general estimated repairs circa £700 over 3 years ? total = £3355imo you waste just as much money on an old car tbh and the figures above are more than realistic in fact if you reduced the ew car payments to like £150 i( i was just using mine as an example) you would actually end up BETTER off leasing/financing a new car!
Errr what! what kind of figures are these.are you forgetting interest on finance? initial deposit.It's a f*ck*ng joke. dont waste your time on finance you'll get raped. READ THIS AND LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE GETTIN FINANCE AND GETTIN ROBBED SILLY.http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18019506
i dont pay interest i lease my car no finance.these figures are based on a new leased car handing it bck after 3 years and an old car maybe selling after the 3 years for like £500you cant argue with them figures mister
LOL. Your paying 3+ for a car you'll have to give back at 3 years. Wheres the car satisifaction of owning the car? Surely if you saved your money including petrol you could have a even more better car.Leasing, finance, hire all are pretty stupid ideas to me.the companies set it up so that they can have the best of the both worlds
the satisfaction for me comes with driving a brand new 09 plate vw tiguan for 3 years whywould i pay more money to drive an older car as per my example and pay out more money?at the end of the day its personal preference,i personally like new cars and if i can do it and end up overall paying less surely i will?

what would i do for the 3 years that im saving the payments and petrol?ride the bus?lolafter 3 years id have like £3900 what kinda car would i get for that, 3 years of bussing & training it then to get an old car aswell ,no thankswheres the incentive for me?personally i dont want to be f*ck*ng around with repairs etc,i want a new reliable non repair needing car,i dont want to sit outside in winter with a baby crossing my fingers for my car to start

Lets not beat around the bush its not hire lease your driving a rental. If you have to sign a contract to drive your car then it's a serious fail.Nothing more satisfying than handing over grands of cash for something that is yours.
Like i said personal preferencedriving an 09 or handing over cash to drive a much older car that IS NOT MY preference,why do myself out of what i wanti PERSONALLY get more satisfaction this way.hire lease=rental same thing tbh does it really matter,i know the car is not mine who gives a sh*t i still hve it for as long as i want..

a new car has 3 years warrantythe parts that dont come under the warranty come under my service agreement which is included in the monthly price.no repair costs for me :)
I know that cars come under warranty but the warranty includes millage so if you are a high millage user your warranty will finish sooner than those who only do low millage.I bought my car brand new in 05, so its four years old, its done 75, 490 to this date, its getting MOTs now and services which i have to pay for and the ESP box has gone f*ckray on my golf - Which the garage tells me i have to buy a total new system because its computerised and it costs £1800, my service was cheap in its self it was only £157.00 The list of other things they recommend me to do, not that i have to mean that my total bill would be £3630, they are offering me a "goodwill" and will take it down to £2300 if i pay in cash i have agreed to do these things to my car BECAUSE i am a fussy pernicaty f*cker when it comes to how my car looks and want to know that everythings is to the recommended SPEC not just road worthy. sucker for sales lol. But to alot of people thats a hell of a lot of money to fork out on a 4 year old car that you probably have only just finished paying on finance. Yes while its great to buy a brand new car, you aint being very responsable prioritising a car on finance specially in todays climate.Also messy im seeing that you say you lease a car - then its totally different from actually owning one and being ultimately responsable for it. Also where did i say he shouldn't buy a brand new car, or waste money on an old car, all i said was save up to buy it with YOUR OWN CASH, not somebody elses that you will in time PAY FOR over the top in the end. By the time you have finished paying for a HP car the car is not even worth half of what you actually have paid. I recommened that he saves up his money and pays for it up front. Like i said before in 05 May, i purchashed my GOLF 05 Plate, With cash that i had saved up to do. so i never had any HP on my car. Thats what people should be doing not purchasing things on HPFurther more just because the UK revolves on credit Does not mean you can actually afford it or make it right. The amount of people who priorities a sh*t hot car and some "bling" over purchase of there own house is crazy. When i see a man with platinmum chains and a decent car strolling into his mummys house or his little council flat i think NOT SERIOUS! this man doesnt have a clue.Your own house should be priority above car on finance. too much Finance is why the UK is in this state in the first place.

Messy how much is your insurance?
my insurance is £46 a month because its the first time ive ever had my own insurance as ive always had company insurance that was paid by my company also ive had a ban before which put it up ,annnnd i have a 2 litreif you stick to a low litre yours will be lowerhopefully mine will go down next renewal toodrunkenmofo id reply but its long lolbtw most of my posts i didnt even quote you but you wrote as if i did?

I know that cars come under warranty but the warranty includes millage so if you are a high millage user your warranty will finish sooner than those who only do low millage.I bought my car brand new in 05, so its four years old, its done 75, 490 to this date, its getting MOTs now and services which i have to pay for and the ESP box has gone f*ckray on my golf - Which the garage tells me i have to buy a total new system because its computerised and it costs £1800, my service was cheap in its self it was only £157.00 The list of other things they recommend me to do, not that i have to mean that my total bill would be £3630, they are offering me a "goodwill" and will take it down to £2300 if i pay in cash i have agreed to do these things to my car BECAUSE i am a fussy pernicaty f*cker when it comes to how my car looks and want to know that everythings is to the recommended SPEC not just road worthy. sucker for sales lol. But to alot of people thats a hell of a lot of money to fork out on a 4 year old car that you probably have only just finished paying on finance. Yes while its great to buy a brand new car, you aint being very responsable prioritising a car on finance specially in todays climate.Also messy im seeing that you say you lease a car - then its totally different from actually owning one and being ultimately responsable for it. Also where did i say he shouldn't buy a brand new car, or waste money on an old car, all i said was save up to buy it with YOUR OWN CASH, not somebody elses that you will in time PAY FOR over the top in the end. By the time you have finished paying for a HP car the car is not even worth half of what you actually have paid. I recommened that he saves up his money and pays for it up front. Like i said before in 05 May, i purchashed my GOLF 05 Plate, With cash that i had saved up to do. so i never had any HP on my car. Thats what people should be doing not purchasing things on HPFurther more just because the UK revolves on credit Does not mean you can actually afford it or make it right. The amount of people who priorities a sh*t hot car and some "bling" over purchase of there own house is crazy. When i see a man with platinmum chains and a decent car strolling into his mummys house or his little council flat i think NOT SERIOUS! this man doesnt have a clue.Your own house should be priority above car on finance. too much Finance is why the UK is in this state in the first place.
see i actually forgot to add srvices on to my equasion,you pay £157 per year for a service thats an additional £450i pay no service its all includedand see all the sh*t ypur paying out for with repairs?lease is best imo

see i actually forgot to add srvices on to my equasion,you pay £157 per year for a service thats an additional £450i pay no service its all includedand see all the sh*t ypur paying out for with repairs?lease is best imo
Cars aren't cheap either way regardless if bought or least the running and insurance still mounts up. The insurance i wouldnt imagine to be any cheaper if its lease car or a bought car?But you pay out what ever it is a month on that car, plus petrol plus insurance, and at the end of the two years what do you have to show when they take the car back? After two years of a newly bought car i still have the car i bought at the begingin in four years yes i have maintance and repair costs but when the repairs are done i still have a car.I do get what your saying Messy and for some people leasing is the best option because they other wise couldnt afford a car.

Cars aren't cheap either way regardless if bought or least the running and insurance still mounts up. The insurance i wouldnt imagine to be any cheaper if its lease car or a bought car?But you pay out what ever it is a month on that car, plus petrol plus insurance, and at the end of the two years what do you have to show when they take the car back? After two years of a newly bought car i still have the car i bought at the begingin in four years yes i have maintance and repair costs but when the repairs are done i still have a car.I do get what your saying Messy and for some people leasing is the best option because they other wise couldnt afford a car.
Please dont get it twisted, i had the 20k to spend on a car real talk due to redundancy in novemberhowever the line of work which i work means that when i do return to work it will be with a company car therefore i did not want to buy a car.the point im trying to make is yes you have your car but when you buy a car on finance or outright a new car you immediately lose around 2-3k as soon as it comes off of the forecourt.if you sell the car that you bought outright after 3 years you will loose around £5k in depriciation etcif you give back the car that you have on finance after 3 years you have made the monthly payments AND you probably owe them some more with incurred interestlease a car for 3 years & i will have spent over 3k which is less than paying finance for 3 years and yet it will be more profitable in my pocket then any of the above as i would not have stumped a huge deposityes you bought your car but you stumped out the initial purchase of say £9k? then four years later your still paying out on it with services,repairs ,if you sell your car today you would make like £5k? minus the 3k you spent out on services tax and mot which means you are left with £2k which overall means you have wasted 7k!after 3years ive spent £3900do the math

i just saw your estimated repair costs actually total nearly my 3 years rental .AND you paid for the car aswellyou still think buying outright is best? whatever you paid for it add £4k in repairs and thats how much your car SHOULD be worth but in reality if you sold it today you would not make even half that.where as i still would have the money sat in my bank and be driving a newer car than yours...basically in short you have tied up your money in something unprofitable & i have chosen to waste not half as much as you have and i still have the 20k to enjoy on other things

Guest M12 Part 2

LOL Messy your logic and numbers are appalling for someone of your age.What cars do you know that are worth £500 after 3 years? Another thing if you are buying a new car, you arent going to be spending that much on repairs etc. for one it doesnt need MOT for a good couple of years and the fact its new means it SHOULD stand up to most things.The final point you made which is ridiculous is holding a new car for 4 years. most people with any sense will buy the car and hold it for like 2 years and then add a grand and get a car one year newer. Nobody just holds a car from new until its barely worth anything.

aklaalkalkslkLAKSL10 GRAND ON A CLIO 1.2ew]#f]we;g];
Im paying alot but im on the credit ladder now finally after a huge struggle because of fraudsters!Im happy!
pmsl. Seems like the guys got a history of gettin bumped. Guys 19 as well/Never get anything let alone a car on finance. Bound to get ripped

aklaalkalkslkLAKSL10 GRAND ON A CLIO 1.2ew]#f]we;g];
Im paying alot but im on the credit ladder now finally after a huge struggle because of fraudsters!Im happy!
pmsl. Seems like the guys got a history of gettin bumped. Guys 19 as well/Never get anything let alone a car on finance. Bound to get ripped
lol oh sh*t, i feel for this guy

LOL Messy your logic and numbers are appalling for someone of your age.What cars do you know that are worth £500 after 3 years? Another thing if you are buying a new car, you arent going to be spending that much on repairs etc. for one it doesnt need MOT for a good couple of years and the fact its new means it SHOULD stand up to most things.The final point you made which is ridiculous is holding a new car for 4 years. most people with any sense will buy the car and hold it for like 2 years and then add a grand and get a car one year newer. Nobody just holds a car from new until its barely worth anything.
the example which you quoted me from was an old car that you buy for say £2k after 3 years it WILL be worth around £500...the rest im assuming is aimed at drunkmo fo cos i havnt bought & held a car for 4 years...