cops after tanner after attack

The Somalian

David Bentley Attacked In Hertfordshire RestaurantThe Spurs player was apparently punched in the face after enjoying a meal with his girlfriend.David Bentley Tottenham Hotspur forward David Bentley has been the victim of an unprovoked assault in a restaurant, according to a report in British tabloid newspaper The Daily Mirror.The player was apparently sitting waiting for the bill after enjoying a meal with his pregnant fiancee, when a man who had been dining at another table walked over and punched him in the face.A male friend of Bentley's chased the perpetrator, it is claimed, but was beaten back from his pursuit, receiving a black eye and a cut face for his pains, as the assailants fled the scene in taxis.Police were called, and Bentley, said to be "badly shaken", remains keen to press charges."David is pretty shaken. He was in the restaurant with his best friend and their respective partners. A guy walked over and started talking gibberish to him, then he just took a swing and punched him," Bentley's agent, Robert Segal, told The Mirror."David's fiancee, who is seven months pregnant, had just been to the loo and saw the whole thing. Obviously, she was very upset about it. "David's mate jumped up and ran after the man and he got punched as well. It was obviously premeditated because the other people at the table got up and ran out of the restaurant. They had taxis waiting outside."The police were called and we are just waiting to see what we can do. If we are advised to, then we will definitely press charges."David was a total victim in this. He said to me, 'What gives someone the right to walk up and attack me when I'm enjoying a meal'?"I am just pleased that the guy did run away, because if David hit him back he would be sitting in a police cell now."