Sign in to follow this  
Roy Batty

Boffins....

I just picked up a MacBook for a favourable price with the intention of putting Boot Camp on it and running XP to play games for windows....Even though the recommended specs for SF4 from Capcom are:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GhzNVideo 8600 series2GB RamThis Mac is running windows XP with:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GhzNVideo 9400m4GB RamIt cannot pass the benchmark test and scores a D. Is this an inherent fault in getting a Mac to run windows because I know people have used MAcs for a while with boot camp and parallels.Would a MacBook Pro be able to do the job?

When you set up the XP partition how much space HD space did you allocate to for XP? I think the game requires about 10GB

BTW.The performance won't be as smooth as you hoped, because essentially you are using 2 OS's meaning that the specs will be split between them 2 too.You should dual boot instead.

70 megabytes?I swear an OS needs a couple bags minimum just to run smoothly, that is probably the cause, Xanders right you'd need a bigger partition./You bought a macbook just for sf? ballin.gifIf you do decide to buy a macbook pro sell me the macbook for a favourable price

that link you post aint a prothats a macbook thats what i got2gb ram 160gb hard drive cant remember the graphics card but it can run sf4 but at low specsif i upgrade 2 4gb ram it will be smooth at full specsyou want these badboy'shttp://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop...id=CDM-EU-23091standard 4gb ram can upgrade 2 a monster 8gb ram!!!!!!im getting one after xmas

I want to download acquire SF4 but my laptop is not passing the test despite having the specsI swear Seth Killian is just pure lying

Guest faze .

yeah macbooks have sh*t graphics cards.... a pro should do the trick thocant even watch FM in 3D on mine...

yeah macbooks have sh*t graphics cards.... a pro should do the trick thocant even watch FM in 3D on mine...
I hate this.